Newark, New Jersey
Senior Director, Product Management
PRODUCT & USER EXPERIENCE | JOB ID 1528372
Audible - an Amazon company, leader in audio content, and perpetual innovator – is looking for an experienced, energetic, results-oriented leader to fill the role of Sr Director, Product. As a leader in Audible’s global product organization, you will work cross-functionally to define and drive to a set of organizational KPI’s which impact our full-funnel performance (customer acquisition cost), customer/user behavior (activation, engagement and upsell) and drive revenue per user goals and outcomes (retention, renewal, saves and winbacks).
Audible is seeking a high-performing, outcomes-focused and data-driven product leader to help drive the creation and evolution of capabilities and experiences that support Audible’s global growth. The Sr. Director, Product will foster a culture of innovation and collaboration through close partnership with various stakeholders across product and marketing functions globally, to deliver revenue growth, deepen customer engagement, and activate new segments for the company.
Reporting into a VP in the CPO org, this position will lead cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment in close collaboration with cross-functional and cross-region teams and stakeholders to conceive, launch and grow digital products and capabilities through their full lifecycle. A successful candidate will have a collaborative team spirit, highly analytical mindset, strong business acumen and finely-honed leadership skills to champion and manage change throughout the organization.
- Collaborate with VPs in Product Management, Product Marketing and other key stakeholder groups to create and deliver the Audible global product strategy and roadmap
- Lead and build a team of high-performing product managers and provide leadership in all aspects of product development process
- Partner with UX, research and design team to set and maintain a high bar for quality in all of Marriott’s digital products and experiences
- Define and communicate key metrics to determine product performance and gain insights into ability to achieve product goals, new opportunities and growth potential
- Collaborate with cross-organizational stakeholders to align and elevate Digital global products and experiences. These partnerships include International Leadership; Sales, Distribution Strategy and Revenue teams; iT; and across the Digital organization.
- Continuously communicate and champion digital product strategy and success to executive teams across Marriott to win and maintain support for key initiatives
Product Planning & Product Development
- Monitor competitive landscape, industry trends, and sales/customer feedback to identify consumer needs & trends and identify product and customer opportunities
- Create product requirements and partner with engineering and UX teams to create amazing user experiences and products that solve problems and drive business value
- Work across team to test and learn via experimentation to drive towards continuous improvement
- Track and analyze product usage patterns and identify opportunities to drive audience, engagement and revenue
- 4-year degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 8 years of direct experience in product management / development positions, with demonstrated experience in full-lifecycle consumer-facing digital product management of web, mobile app, martech, and other devices and channels (chat, voice) from conception to iterative growth
- Knowledge and practice of core principals of software development lifecycles – preference for knowledge and experience with Agile practices and strong history of collaboration with tech and engineering teams.
- Knowledge of web, mobile, and messaging technologies and ability to leverage data and technical capabilities to meet business outcomes
- Experience managing multiple complex initiatives simultaneously
- Excellent leadership and program management skills to lead teams in distributed environments involved in delivering complex business systems.
- Relationship-building skills as well as strong leadership and team management skills, with deep understanding of business impact on delivery.
- Strong planning skills including ability to develop presentations, roadmaps and dashboards, driving to insights and next steps.
- Strong interpersonal and meeting facilitation skills required to lead and manage all team members, as well as internal partners & executives.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills that inspire team confidence while motivating team members in a creative and effective manner
- Ability to solve real-life problems quickly, think creatively and satisfy speed-to-market needs
- Dynamic people skills (team orientation, judgment, interpersonal relations, results/goal orientation, resiliency/adaptability)
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.