Senior iOS EngineerTechnology | Job ID 1660462
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As a Software Development Engineer, you will be part of a full-stack team that includes iOS, Android, Web, and API developers. Our core goal is to make cross device development faster and higher quality. You will be a key part of the team for doing cross platform development.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Audio Experiences group owns the core domains for Audible's Player and Library. Audible customers spend most of their time with Audible in either the Library or Player components of our application across FireOS, Android, iOS, and Web. We are embarking on a mission to reshape the fundamental experiences, delight our customers, and reshape how development is done across all surfaces and devices within Audible. It's our responsibility to push Audible into new places; wherever our customers are listening. Achieving this vision means expanding and strengthening Continuous Deployment across surfaces; new technologies like CarPlay, Watch, HomeKit, Common Encryption Standard media, and adaptive live streaming; as well as driving a strong engineering culture with processes like Chaos Engineering and A/B Testing.
As a Senior iOS Engineer, you will...
- Own and be responsible for key components within the team.
- Design, develop, implement and support Key Components using latest technology that will influence teams beyond Audible.
- Work with Product Management and take the lead to help create, design and develop software that involves exploring and bringing out latest technology on the platform to make the listening experience better and easier for our users.
- Take every opportunity make a large impact on the design, architecture and implementation of cutting edge mobile based products.
- Provide technical direction and strategy to the team, drive the system architecture, spearhead the best practices and influence peer teams with brown-bag sessions and hackathons.
- Staying up to date on the latest trends & technologies industry-wide and sharing that knowledge with the internal community.
- Committed to team work, hustle and strong communication skills (both to business and technical peers).
- Thrive in delivering high quality technology mobile products in a fast paced environment with shifting priorities.
- Set the technical direction and strategy within the team and strategize to influence technology across Audible and beyond.
- Mentor and lead developers by cultivating curiosity and deep technical understanding.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 4+ years of experience in Objective-C or Swift.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience.
- Data-oriented skills with knowledge of Core Data and database design.
- Experience in documentation, unit testing, code reviews, test automation, continuous integration & deployment.
- Experience in Agile development.
- Working knowledge of dependency injection, operations/promises, and modular development.
- Demonstrated experience in problem-solving with experience in ambiguous situations.
- Recent experience building enterprise-scale mobile applications.
- Experience building mobile UI with UIKit, especially Auto. Layout and related SDKs, including use of storyboard and animations.
- Background in synchronizing information across devices with support for offline transactions.
- Competency in automation, enthusiasm for continuous integration/deployment or Chaos Engineering.
- Experience with Swift, bridging headers etc.
- Solid Coding practices including good design, unit testing, peer code reviews and a preference for agile methods.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices including coding standards, source code management & build processes.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word. Audible offers a Hub+Home hybrid workplace model that gives employees flexibility between gathering in a common office space (work from hub) and remote work (work from home). Some teams will work mostly at hub, some mostly at home and others hybrid. For more information, please visit adbl.co/hybrid.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $143,700 - $194,400 yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
The pay range for this position in Jersey City is $143,700 - $194,400 yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Pay Transparency Regulation of Jersey City Municipal Code. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
We promote flexibility in how and where we work with our Hub+Home hybrid workplace model.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
We are committed to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive culture and community. Audible’s Impact Groups encourage an environment where you can be you, and bring your whole self to work.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Learning & Development
We want to help you grow with learning and development programs, leadership training and tuition reimbursement.
Being a Data Scientist at Audible means impacting millions of customers every day—it's a meaningful and inspiring mission; to enrich customers’ lives with education, entertainment, and information.
Director, Data Science
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.