Senior Director, Product Platform OperationsProduct & Customer Experience | Job ID 1969136
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
The Senior Director, Product Platform Operations will lead the formation of a new, global platform operations function for Audible. You will work closely with our technology, product, marketing, and finance leaders to define the capability vision as well as develop clear objectives, outcomes, metrics, and operating processes that will scale globally and will enable them to realize their vision.
The scope of the role will include partnering with cross-functional leaders to enable successful new product/feature launches, owning and enabling day-to-day business operations of the platform, and standing up a global 24/7 business monitoring, escalation, and production incident coordination/response for all types of incidents (including fraud). The Senior Director, Product Platform Operations will do this through the creation of effective standards, processes, playbooks, reporting/communication, and robust tooling to understand platform issues and identify/support a response to fraud incidents.
You are a rigorous, customer-obsessed, platform operations leader with a strong background in online and mobile technologies and deep experience building and leading teams. You have high standards, are data-driven, and understand all corners of operations including pre-launch validation, day-to-day operating/maintenance activities, production issue resolution, and stakeholder communications. You are great at making tough calls and balancing competing priorities while understanding the nuances and tradeoffs of a given decision across technology, financials, and customer experience. You are an adept people manager and a collaborative cross-functional business partner.
As the Senior Director, Product Platform Operations you will…
- Define charter, objectives, and metrics for new platform operations function.
- Stand up teams to ensure ongoing business platform operations of the Audible platform (e.g. management of new titles, components of marketing operations activities/promotions).
- Identify gaps in platform operations capability and create a plan to fill those gaps in collaboration with other product and technology teams.
- Develop robust communication processes and mechanisms across internal and external stakeholder groups, in close collaboration with Audible’s corporate communications.
- Stand up global 24/7 support model for business escalation and issue coordination/resolution including playbooks, operating procedures, and communication processes in collaboration with technology, finance, and product partners.
- Work closely with Voice of Customer (VOC) function to ensure quantitative and qualitative inputs are considered in all assessments of issues or platform health.
- Understand, prioritize, and mitigate fraud vectors using internal or 3rd party tooling, data science, and release readiness protocols.
- Create and execute roadmap to address potential fraud risks, working closely with technology partners, implement centralized fraud defense capabilities; collaborate with consumer and creator product management teams to ensure fraud mitigation exists across the Audible platform.
- Develop UAT function and processes in close collaboration with product leaders.
- Work with program management and technology function to develop standards for and ensure launch readiness.
- Create scorecard and operating rhythm to review metrics and outcomes for online operations.
- Develop a culture of customer-obsession and continuous improvement; stand up processes to support this orientation.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related field.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in Product or Technology leading multifaceted platform operations functions, including fraud mitigation platforms, strategies, and operations.
- Extensive experience managing on-call teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals and with senior executives.
- Ability to easily transition from high level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, autonomously, and cross-functionally.
- Ability to identify trends and “tell the story” behind large amounts of data.
- Proven record of innovation and thought leadership to build new tools and processes.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $97,900-267,000 (year); however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Senior Manager, Product Management, Product Operations Product & Customer Experience
- Lead Analyst, Business Planning (Product Operations) New Jersey Product & Customer Experience
- Senior Manager, Business Planning, Product Operations Product & Customer Experience
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.