Next Chapter SDE Returnship – MercuryTechnology | Job ID 2100935
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Next Chapter program at Audible is a 16-week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to individuals who have at least 2 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least 1 year to focus on caring for a child or other dependent and is not currently in a university program.
At Audible, we are excited to launch the Next Chapter program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
This 16-week Returnship program is 100% virtual. Upon successful completion of the Returnship, there is a possibility of an offer for full-time employment. We have fully remote roles or roles based in our Newark, NJ, Cambridge, MA or LA hubs.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
This opportunity is for a Software Development Engineer Returnship on the Consumer Domains Team. We are the team that creates and powers Audible’s website applications and services for our global listeners. We are the home for tech talent that wants to grow Audible’s market leading business and build the sites and services (APIs) across desktop and mobile devices. The team is comprised of developers who work in an agile environment and partner closely with Audible and Amazon tech teams, Product, UX and QA teams.
We are embarking on a mission to reshape the fundamental experiences and delight our customers and drive a strong engineering culture. It's our responsibility to push Audible into new places; wherever our customers are listening. Achieving this vision means expanding and strengthening our development process and leveraging new technologies to deliver services and web applications. We need your help to develop and deliver on this vision. Success means we lay the foundation for continued expansion of our company without disrupting an already tremendously successful and much loved product.
- A great communicator who can distill important information clearly to both technical and non-technical stakeholders, helping them make informed decisions confidently.
- A team player who brings energy and passion to all efforts and inspires others to do the same.
- Passionate about bringing your skills to Audible while being open and eager to learn new things.
- A detail-oriented problem-solver who enjoys the process of scratching beneath the surface to find the best solution to challenges.
- Curious and unafraid to ask questions to gain deeper understanding.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will...
- Be part of the team. Our core goal is to make app easier to use for our customers, and more easily maintained by our engineers.
- Own key components within our platform, with the support of the team. "Owning" means envisioning, designing, creating, building, testing, and supporting.
- Contribute to the development of the technical direction and strategy within the team and help influence technology across Audible and beyond.
- Partner with product management to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that invigorates our community and inspires our peers.
- Evangelize our content and application, work closely with business development, and through events like external hackathons and internal brown bag sessions.
- Take advantage of the resources, training and experts around you to stay up to date with tools, trends, technologies and frameworks both industry-wide and within Amazon and then share that knowledge in a meaningful way with the community.
- Solve problems which are not clearly defined and have a large degree of ambiguity while translating our organizational vision into functional plans that guide their execution.
- Support our developers. "Support" means be the go-to-person for questions but never a bottleneck. See around the corner and anticipate developers' needs.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Background in any customer-facing software development (internal or external).
- Prior success as a software engineer, subject matter expert, and strategic influencer on the direction of the product design and development.
- Working knowledge of software development best practices: dependency injection, design patterns, unit/integration testing.
- Experience building enterprise-scale mobile applications.
- Experience with application development, and app-adjacent tools and SDKs.
- Competency in automation, enthusiasm for continuous integration/deployment.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
The pay for this position in Colorado is $73.13/hr. Our range of benefits may include health care, employee discounts, 401(k) savings plans, paid time off, and more. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
We promote flexibility in how and where we work with our Hub+Home hybrid workplace model.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
We are committed to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive culture and community. Audible’s Impact Groups encourage an environment where you can be you, and bring your whole self to work.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Learning & Development
We want to help you grow with learning and development programs, leadership training and tuition reimbursement.
I found a culture where everyone is inspired to constantly learn. I like to say that we’re not just customer obsessed—we’re also teammate obsessed.
Software Development Engineer