Next Chapter' Returnship Program - Software Development Engineer - Customer Relationship Management (CRM)Technology | Job ID 2093114
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Audible’s “Next Chapter” Returnship Program is a 16-week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to individuals who have at least 2 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least 1 year to focus on caring for a child or other dependent and is not currently in a university program.
At Audible, we are excited to launch the Next Chapter program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
This 16-week Returnship program is 100% virtual. Upon successful completion of the Returnship, there is a possibility of an offer for full-time employment. We have fully remote roles or roles based in our Newark, NJ, Cambridge, MA or LA hubs.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As a Software Development Engineer, it’s up to you to define, design and refine the tech that keeps us one step ahead of listeners. Anticipate. Innovate. Bring challenging ideas and we’ll support you with the latest tech, tools, and systems that you need to succeed. We pride ourselves on our ability to imagine and invent solutions to problems of the future and you’ll be essential in this forward-thinking approach to development. Together with the team, you’ll build and maintain our platform to bring thousands of stories to millions of listeners and unleash the power of the human voice.
ABOUT THE TEAM
This is where the magic happens; we bring the inspiring stories to life in every way. From curating the content, to delivering it to listeners and everything in-between, we own the listening experience. It takes a talented team of explorers, creators, developers, distributers and more, but it all comes together for a harmonious customer experience.
You feel pride in every step forward, however big, or small; to you, each challenge represents a well-executed venture to support our listeners. If you’re looking to build on your skills and grow into a leader, this is your next step. We look for people who take responsibility, set their standards high and see every failure as an opportunity to learn. You’re looking for an environment where you can thrive. With opportunities to challenge yourself and a talented team by your side, you’ll find what you’re looking for at Audible.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will...
- Be part of a full-stack organization that includes iOS, Android, Web, and API developers.
- Be part of a team that manages a core Middleware API platform. Our core goal is to help Audible deliver features faster and more efficiently via our platform.
- Describe and implement REST APIs, ensuring their performance and scalability for our millions of customers.
- Partner with other engineers to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that invigorates our community and inspires our peers.
- Solve problems and have a large degree of ownership for the delivery of your code and design.
- Support the platform and ensure continual uptime.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to navigate highly complex and ambiguous situations.
- Experience building and delivering software systems to internal or external customers.
- Knowledge of AWS or similar cloud-based infrastructure and/or developer tools.
- Experience working on a variety of surfaces, including mobile, web, services, iOT.
- Experience in advanced technologies: blockchain, spatial computing, iOT, ML, AI, VR, AR.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, enabling effective messaging with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- A high-quality bar: documentation, unit testing, code reviews, test automation, continuous integration & deployment. Enthusiasm for instilling this attitude in others.
- Adaptable, enterprising, and willing to take ownership.
- Able to work through ambiguous research problems independently.
- Able to make improvements to the team’s development and testing processes.
- Able to establish good working relationships with peers. Able to recognize discordant views and take part in constructive dialogue to resolve them.
- Able to mentor teammates on team software, team culture, and customer obsession.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
The pay for this position in Colorado is $73.13/hr. Our range of benefits may include health care, employee discounts, 401(k) savings plans, paid time off, and more. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
We promote flexibility in how and where we work with our Hub+Home hybrid workplace model.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
We are committed to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive culture and community. Audible’s Impact Groups encourage an environment where you can be you, and bring your whole self to work.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Learning & Development
We want to help you grow with learning and development programs, leadership training and tuition reimbursement.
I found a culture where everyone is inspired to constantly learn. I like to say that we’re not just customer obsessed—we’re also teammate obsessed.
Software Development Engineer