Senior Manager, Retention MarketingBrand & Marketing | Job ID 2014709
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Based in Sydney, Audible AU is looking for an experienced senior manager to own the member retention experience. The position will be responsible for developing the strategy for minimizing cancels, maximizing retention, driving awareness of membership benefits, along with driving the execution of marketing campaigns and initiatives across the Customer Experience team. The role will work closely with teams from product, acquisition, merchandising and BI to develop new ways to delight our members and ensure they have the best digital experience to help them listen to our audiobooks, podcasts and Audible Originals. In addition to the above, this role involves partnering with local and global internal stakeholder teams to build strong partnerships, share best practices and implement new features.
The Senior Manager, Retention Marketing is highly analytical and can use data to constantly challenge and optimise our retention activity to improve our key goals. We are looking for someone who can demonstrate a solid knowledge of retention practices, has experience driving analytical insights, who is creative and passionate about audio content, and has a knack for ‘just getting things done’.
Key job responsibilities
As the Senior Manager, Retention Marketing, you will...
- Act as the ‘business owner’ for the Audible member retention experience, including planning, business analysis, forecasting, and driver of marketing strategy and campaigns
- Define and own the Audible membership benefit experience, driving awareness and usage of membership benefits to drive retention
- Identify and implement process improvements and opportunities for innovation and simplification to enable scale
- Identify, develop and drive bold, creative promotions and programs, marketing communications, and special projects throughout Audible AU’s engagement channels
- Manage and develop the Customer Experience team
- Liaise and partner with cross-functional teams (Tech, Acquisition, Brand, Customer service, Product, and Content) to bring these experiences and functionalities to life
- Experience driving digital experiences with wide stakeholder groups, requiring data analysis, process improvements, creative problem solving, and cross-functional collaboration
- Proven track record of owning and delivering innovative customer-facing marketing and engagement campaigns
- Demonstrated ability to forecast and report on core engagement metrics, including contributing to business reviews and annual forecasting processes
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), strong writing skills, able to communicate at all levels (technical, business, executive)
- High level of proficiency in Excel and an ability to learn new tools and skills quickly
- Passionate and knowledgeable about the customer experience, and using data and insights to deliver on behalf of customers
- Experience creating and/or improving operational processes across teams/stakeholders
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Familiar with databases and SQL
- Ability to analyse data quantitatively and use customer research, data and metrics to back up assumptions, identify opportunities, and assess the efficacy of programs
- Comfortable with a varied set of CMS, CRM and analytics tools
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of audio storytelling and spoken-word entertainment, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
In the spirit of reconciliation Amazon acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.