Original Content Manager
Sydney, New South Wales
Job ID: 864717
From multi-cast dramas starring some of the world’s best actors and live stand-up comedy to landmark documentary series and partnerships with leading cultural institutions, Audible’s original content commissions will inspire, challenge, delight, surprise and redefine the public’s perception of audio.
We’re looking for the right combination of distinctive creative judgement, high emotional intelligence, exceptional understanding of the factual and scripted genres and excellent organisation skills. You will have a love for great audio and storytelling. You are likely to have existing relationships with creatives in the factual space and want to discover new writing, presenting and journalistic talent. You will want to push boundaries. You will also possess a deep understanding of why great audio programs work - and how to foster greatness in your own projects.
The Original Content Specialist AU will be part of Audible’s vision for original content production and a pilot/prototype-driven approach to testing and learning in a rapidly growing and fast-moving environment. The Original Content Specialist AU will help evolve the original content slate in ANZ while shaping production standards and best practices.
We’re looking for the right combination of distinctive editorial judgment, high emotional intelligence, and excellent organisational and time management skills. The Original Content Specialist AU will have a love for great audio and storytelling, want to push boundaries and discover new things, as well as possess a deep understanding of why great audio programs work and how to foster greatness in their projects.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
· Support the Director, Original Content to develop and provide a sustainable program for Original Audio Content in the Australian marketplace, based on market analysis of growth opportunities in non-book and book target groups.
· Assist in develop managing third-party production relationships to ensure standards are met for Audible’s Original Content portfolio for Australia.
· Supervise production teams for new original audio programs (e.g. original publishing, series and docu-dramas etc.), based on non-book entertainment industry success factors and trends (incl. the identification of, and relationship building with, potential original producers, writers, actors and other rights owners from non-book entertainment industries).
· Drive the growth and elevate the quality of Audible content that is specifically written for the audio format.
· Working with Marketing & PR to support marketing efforts for new original audio programs in close relation with our local Merchandising team, as well with your international peers (incl. on- and offline campaigns, product artwork, PR, etc.).
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.