Director, Media & Planning, APACBrand & Marketing | Job ID 2006899
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Based in Sydney the Director - Media & Planning APAC will plan, implement and measure brand media to drive awareness of Audible in Australia, Japan and India. The successful candidate will have a track record of proving the impact of brand media on key metrics, including acquisition, and have a firm understanding of the inter-relationships between brand and performance media. They will develop a strong understanding of the brand media landscape across our region, and have a test and learn mindset, understanding how to implement testing methodologies to gain a greater understanding of the effectiveness of brand media spends. This role will have experience building a business case to support brand media spend, with the ability to communicate the return on investment from such spend and impact on key metrics.
You will develop relationships with creative counterparts to ensure creative and media work together to drive the best outcome. The successful candidate will be process orientated, driving the business cadence to ensure spend is signed off in time to brief agencies to secure competitive rates and deliver appropriate creative. You will have experience in running large media accounts either client or agency side.
Key job responsibilities
As the Director – Media & Planning, APAC, you will...
- Recommend, implement and optimize a holistic media plan across all APAC channels (Offline, Online and Mobile) to communicate our brand positioning and drive conversions with our target audience
- Recommend brand media buys per marketplace
- Develop test and learn plans for Brand marketing spend to better understand marketing ROI
- Work with the analytics team to understand the role of Brand media within Media Mix Modeling and apply the learnings to future plans
- Analyze different communications approaches in media with respect to impact on conversion metrics as well as brand key performance metrics (awareness, consideration, brand perception)
- Innovate and conduct experiments for budget allocation to different media channels
- Develop a strong understanding of the media landscape within each market place capitalizing on any new opportunities
- Monitor competitor media
- Drive the operating rhythm and planning cycle for the Acquisition marketing team – key briefing dates, approval milestones, reporting cadence and documentation
- Manage the media agency relationship
- Professional experience in multi-channel marketing with a strong media focus
- Experienced in analysing and optimising Brand media plans
- Experienced in developing long-term media strategies based on data
- Experienced in the practical application of media ROI modelling
- Communication skills both written and spoken with the ability to influence a senior audience
- Understanding of the dependencies between Awareness and Performance Marketing activities
- Analytic and quantitative skills, that enable you to use data to develop, validate and measure multi-channel campaigns
- Experience in working with outputs of Econometric models and other testing methodologies to guide media decisions
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As the world's leading producer and provider of audio storytelling and spoken-word entertainment, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
In the spirit of reconciliation Amazon acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.