Director Brand and Content Communications (13 month contract)
Sydney, New South Wales
Job ID: 882980
Since we first started in 1995, our mission has been to unleash the power of the spoken word, providing a breath-taking range of titles that includes best sellers, non-ﬁction and classics, for people who love to read and people who love to be read to.
Based in Sydney, Audible, an Amazon company is looking for an experienced, results-oriented Director, Brand and Content Communications (13 Month Contract - Maternity Leave) to lead the strategic positioning and development of Audible and Original Content in Australia, reporting to the Country Manager.
As the successful candidate you will be skilled at identifying new opportunities and developing brand and marketing programs from the ground up to identify and exceed customers’ expectations. You have a keen eye for identifying new opportunities and trends relating to digital content and pursuing them. You will be able to work across multiple teams and use first-rate communication and persuasion skills to influence all levels of the organisation. You are highly motivated, skilled at managing risk and have a strong affinity to digital content and technology. Leading a cross-functional team, you will take overall brand and content in Australia across all surfaces, cementing Audible’s position as the leader in spoken word entertainment.
A day in the life
· Define and own the brand, content and communications strategy, including its financial and strategic outcomes
· Inspire and lead a team of five to develop and execute compelling, innovative and highly successful integrated marketing campaigns
· Close collaboration with content in order to develop a compelling and disruptive content portfolio
· Partner with colleagues across international offices to coordinate cross-regional marketing efforts and share best practices, assets and intelligence
· Contribute new ideas and share inspiration from the worlds of entertainment, culture and technology.
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.