Corporate Counsel, Audible AUPeople & Operations | Job ID 2088251
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
As Corporate Counsel - Audible AU, you will be a member of the Audible and the global Amazon Entertainment legal team, and support the Audible Australia business and work on initiatives impacting Audible in the APAC region.
This role will be based in Sydney, reporting to the Head of APAC Legal based in Tokyo.
Key job responsibilities
- Structuring, drafting, and negotiating licensing, distribution, production, marketing, business development and other commercial agreements
- Support the development and production of original content, and provide counsel on production and post-production related matters
- Provide ongoing legal counsel across a range of areas, including intellectual property, marketing laws and regulatory matters
- Conduct research and risk analysis on international expansion and compliance projects and contribute to simplification projects
- Provide compliance training to the business teams
• Licensed to practice in Australia.
• Strong transactional background, with solid drafting and negotiation experience.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong legal and business judgment
- In house experience at a technology, media or entertainment company
- A team player and consensus builder with great people skills who can effectively collaborate and build relationships with other lawyers and business clients
- Passion to embrace challenges and drive meaningful solutions, including amid complexity and uncertainty
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of audio storytelling and spoken-word entertainment, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Sign up for Job Alerts
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.