Corporate Counsel, Audible AUPeople & Operations | Job ID 2015316
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
We are looking for an Corporate Counsel to support the Audible Australia and other initiatives impacting Audible in the APAC region.
You will also conduct research and risk assessment on international expansion and compliance projects, and work on simplification projects.
Key job responsibilities
As a Corporate Counsel, you will...
- Structuring, drafting, and negotiating licensing, distribution, production, marketing, and other commercial agreements
- Support the development and production of original content, and provide counsel on production and post-production related matters
- Provide ongoing legal counsel across a range of fields, including intellectual property, marketing review, consumer affairs and regulatory compliance.
- Conduct research and risk analysis on international expansion and compliance projects and contribute to simplification projects
- Provide compliance training to the business teams
- Qualified to practice law in a common law jurisdiction (AU, UK, US, etc.)
- Experience practicing law as a transactional attorney, with some of that time spent working on IP, technology, or entertainment transactions
- Worked with a studio, production company, or an entertainment and media law firm, and extensive experience and strong skills in drafting and negotiating entertainment contracts
- Strong legal and business judgment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, together with proficiency in local territory language
- Experience structuring, drafting, negotiating, and closing a broad range of commercial contracts.
- Ability to analyze and assess business processes, spot issues and propose/implement solutions
- Ability to function autonomously yet communicate laterally and upwardly with ease
- Passion to embrace challenges and drive meaningful solutions, including amid complexity and uncertainty
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of audio storytelling and spoken-word entertainment, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Sourcing Recruiter - Contract Sydney, Australia People & Operations
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.