Content Operations Specialist, 12-month contract
Sydney, New South Wales
Job ID: 930979
· Handle the negotiation and licensing for Australian Original content.
· Assist in the development of new relationships with content providers in Australia, as well as assist in our daily follow up work with existing partners. This includes research and outreach, meeting coordination, NDA coordination and general follow ups that establish and maintain our relationships with partners.
· Lead internal operations that support the development of our originals slate, with specific focus on contracting, invoicing, process, content ingestion, reporting, updating trackers and the internal steps required to get shows into development and get developed shows live on site.
· Assist in working with our external and internal partners throughout development and production, including:
· Work with external production studios for recording of licensed titles
· Collaborate with the marketing team on the promotion plans of Audible Original titles and coordinating the creation of marketing materials.
· Assist in the vetting of concepts submitted by potential partners and writers. This will include daily vetting of manuscripts, submissions, concepts and proposals.
Basic Qualifications5+ years’ experience within the entertainment, publishing or media industry
Experience in managing relationships with content owners and creators
Experience in negotiating and executing content licenses or contracts with content owners and creators.
Good understanding of and high interest in the Australian (audio-)book and digital entertainment industry
Broad understanding of popular culture across all main media types.
Passionate, structured and reliable self-starter who is able to take over ownership as well as work within a team
Ability to operate in a high-energy, high-intensity and rapidly evolving environment.
You must be meticulous in identifying and correcting issues that may exist in the work created by partners for Originals.
Ability to actively suggest new concepts we should consider as an Originals team.
Preferred QualificationsA degree in law is not required but would be a plus.
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.