APAC Corporate Communications ManagerPeople & Operations | Job ID 1768049
ABOUT THE ROLE
Based in either Sydney, Australia or Singapore. Audible is seeking a driven, articulate and media savvy individual to manage and drive APAC Corporate Communications reporting to the Senior Director, Corporate Communications within the Global Corporate Affairs Team. The role will support the Head of Operations, APAC and the Country Managers serving our AU, JP and IN businesses.
You thrive in multi-national and matrixed team environments, building effective working relationships inside and outside of the organization. You use creativity, strategic-thinking, complex problem-solving and negotiation skills to drive decision-making across executives. You are enthusiastic, enjoy getting things done, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
You’re a natural collaborator - accountable, hands-on, solution-focused, with a positive attitude – who cares about your peers and support them in their objectives. You know how to clarify the path forward and influence others while also being open to their influence. You exhibit extraordinary tact and diplomacy. You pivot quickly based on business needs without compromising quality of work or speed.
You will use your broad understanding of the evolving digital media landscape and changing consumer appetites to promote Audible’s disruptive, high-energy technology-driven culture, innovative audio entertainment and our purpose-driven work improving the lives of people in our communities facing inequities. You have experience working across multiple countries and geographies with a global mindset while recognising local needs and sensitivities.
As a APAC Corporate Communications Manager, you will…
· As part of the global corporate communications team, execute holistic brand stories to support the APAC businesses as part of a network of regional and local cross-functional communicators, and ensure alignment with global leadership’s strategic directives.
· Partner closely with local leadership and PR teams in each marketplace across the APAC region to develop a deep understanding of local content, public policy, corporate reputation, creative community, and other key stakeholders and concerns, as well as coordinate with colleagues across the broader global corporate communications function.
· Immerse deeply with key trade and consumer media outlets within APAC, working to develop and strengthen our relationships with relevant reporters.
· Provide the APAC team with communications support and media training in line with Audible best practices.
· Provide crisis communications support in alignment with Audible Global Corporate Affairs.
· Review local content PR plans, releases, and messages for alignment and amplification of corporate narratives.
· Support cross-territory promotion of key Audible Original titles within the APAC region.
· Ensure APAC regional communications strategies of key brand campaigns, product launches, and events are aligned with global leadership.
· Manage stakeholder dependencies across the APAC region and marketplace levels (including business, public policy, content, marketing leadership), connecting dots and sharing information between teams, regions, and the wider global organisation.
· Increase the presence of identified local and APAC regional spokespeople through thought leadership opportunities, speaking engagements, and award submissions.
· Liaise with internal and external stakeholders in relation to the selection, management, evaluation, and upskilling of corporate communications agency partners and vendors in the region, seeking regional synergies and efficiencies where possible.
· Partner with global internal and corporate communications employees to ensure a robust flow of marketplace and APAC regional-level Audible stories are surfaced across internal and external channels.
Travel internationally as required.
· Experience managing communications and executing public relations campaigns in APAC, preferably in Japan, Australia and India.
· Experience working in multi-national and matrixed team environments, and build effective working relationships inside and outside of the organization.
· Experience in managing communications within the following sectors: Technology, Publishing, TV/Film, Audio and Music.
· Strong English-language (written and verbal) required
· Not required, but a preference towards candidates with Hindi or Japanese language skills
· Undergraduate degree in communications, journalism, or other humanities field or equivalent experience
· Extensive stakeholder management, public relations, executive communications and experience with industry events.
· Pre-existing strong media relationships with corporate, entertainment and technology media.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of audio storytelling and spoken-word entertainment, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
In the spirit of reconciliation Amazon acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Sign up for Job Alerts
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.