Senior Business Development Manager, Mobile Partnerships, Audible
Job ID: 881187
Since 1995, Audible’s vision has been to build a new medium that redeﬁnes and enhances the nature of spoken information, education, entertainment and other modes of verbal expression. Today, Audible is the world’s largest producer of audiobooks in the world; it has served millions of listeners and continues to move literate listening closer to the media and entertainment mainstream, with a presence in the United States, United Kingdom, Europe, Latan America, Japan, Australia and most recently India. It was acquired by Amazon in 2008 and is the world’s largest retailer of digital audiobooks. To support its continued growth, Audible is looking for a results-oriented Senior Business Development manager for India.
Audible is currently seeking a Mobile Partnership professional to help grow the business through the management of key partnerships with mobile network operators and handset manufacturers who distribute Audible’s offerings.
The successful candidate will have experience working with external partners; excellent verbal and written communication skills; proficiency in relationship management and a strong will to deliver results. Keys to success also include:
· Ability to think, analyze and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
· Proven negotiating skills and influencing abilities
· Superior communication skills, high attention to detail, flexibility and willingness to be resourceful in getting things done
· Good organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines
· Mobile industry experience.
As the Mobile Partnership Manager, your responsibilities will include the following:
· Serve as primary point of contact and account management within the Audible team for mobile operators and strategic mobile partners
· Develop a go-to-market plan for addressing mobile distribution opportunities and prioritize mobile network and handset manufacturer prospects appropriately
· Oversee successful implementation and optimization of all projects
· Coordinate closely with local management and with worldwide mobile product teams
· Coordinate with other Amazon teams to leverage established relationships and present an Audible led unified vision to our partners in the mobile arena
· Report on plans and results to senior management, and coordinate closely with various internal stakeholders.
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.