Senior Accountant (12 month contract)Finance & Insight | Job ID 1199598
Audible, an Amazon company, is the leading provider of premium digital spoken audio information and entertainment on the internet, offering customers a new way to enhance and enrich their lives every day. Titles downloaded from Audible are compatible with hundreds of mobile devices, including the iPhone and Android smartphones.
As a member of the APAC Regional Finance and Accounting team, the Senior Accountant (12 month contract) will work closely with the local Audible Singapore and the Audible Australia teams to support the growth of Audible in the APAC region. This is a hands-on individual contributor role which requires the right candidate to demonstrate knowledge of local tax and accounting requirements, a strong work ethic, and a knack for getting things done in a fast-moving environment.
· Individual contributor role assisting in the completion of month, quarter, and year end close;
· Working with SG and AU teams to ensure accurate timely submission of monthly reporting;
· Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations;
· Preparing journals for month end close;
· Assist with statutory accounting and external filings including liaising with external auditors and governmental bodies;
· Royalty processing (preparation, review and payments);
· Back up for Accounts Payable processes
· Demonstrable experience in Accounting or Controlling;
· Strong Excel skills a must.
· Knowledge of relevant accounting standards (US GAAP/ IFRS/ SFRS) and relevant tax laws.
· Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment, and working with diverse groups of stakeholders to set up new operations and processes from scratch;
· Self-starter with strong analytical and problem solving skills with an eye for details;
· Strong track record of handling multiple priorities and meeting timelines;
· Hands-on Workday and Oracle Financials with team experience will be a plus.
Sign up for Job Alerts
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.