Finance ManagerFinance & Insight | Job ID 2043352
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting into the Senior Finance Director, the Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Manager will work closely with APAC business teams to manage financial planning processes and analytics.
This is an individual contribution role, which can be based out of our Singapore or Sydney office.
The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter who has high attention to detail and can work independently in a fast-paced environment while scaling comfortably in FP&A. You should be a fast learner with outstanding business acumen, intense curiosity, excellent analytical abilities, a strong bias towards data-driven decision making, as well as superior written and verbal communication skills.
Key job responsibilities
As a Finance Manager, you will...
- Support and coordinate all aspects of FP&A processes, including long range financial forecast, annual budgets and quarterly guidance with key business stakeholders and Senior Finance Director
- Help build business cases to assist in evaluating new business concepts, perform ad hoc deep dive analysis as required by the business to drive key insights that can assist in making business decisions
- Work closely with the Accounting Managers to provide insightful analysis of monthly operating results against budget or forecast, bridge variances to financial/non-financial business drivers and communicate risk and opportunities to the business
- Conduct analysis on new business initiatives to help leadership determine financial feasibility and prepare dynamic scenario analysis to facilitate discussion when faced with economic trade-offs
- Work closely with global FP&A team to improve budgeting and forecasting processes and tools. This includes designing, testing and implementing appropriate modelling functionality in the TM1 forecasting tool
- Synthesize large data sets to consumable executive summaries for stakeholders
- Build and develop relationships with functional leaders and regional finance peers
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business, or a related field
- Finance experience
- Excellent attention to detail with strong problem solving and critical thinking ability
- Proven ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously, and drive tasks to completion while meeting tight timelines
- Proven ability to develop strategic relationships with key stakeholders
- Superior proficiency with Excel and complex financial modeling
- MBA or advanced degree
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working with cross-functional teams in an unstructured environment
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of audio storytelling and spoken-word entertainment, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
In the spirit of reconciliation Amazon acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.