Director, Unscripted Original ContentContent & Audible Studios | Job ID 1504977
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Audible is looking for Director (Commissioning editor), Unscripted, to support a major expansion of our output across the development, commissioning and production of unscripted audio-programming. We are looking for an experienced, editorially proven Commissioning Editor/Executive Producer to join our Audible Originals team. This role will primarily support the Indian content business and is a director level role. The role is based in Singapore.
You will be part of Audible’s vision for original content development and production. In the context of factual programming, this vision will be driven by investment in development, pilots and testing in a rapidly growing and fast-moving environment. You will have editorial vision, creative flair, extensive production experience, a desire to raise standards at all times and a track record of success.
You will be required to identify creative and commercial opportunities, review both solicited and unsolicited submissions, build a portfolio of projects and project manage new commissions from development through to delivery. You will build successful relationships with writers, agents, producers and directors. And will help to shape production standards and best practices for those projects that are subsequently greenlit and commissioned.
We’re looking for the right combination of distinctive creative judgement, high emotional intelligence, exceptional understanding of the scripted genre and excellent organisation skills. You will have a love for great audio and storytelling. You are likely to have existing relationships with creatives in the fiction space and want to discover new writing talent. You will have your finger on the pulse of creative, cultural and social trends. You will understand audience behaviour. You will possess a deep understanding of narrative structure, character driven storytelling and why great audio programming works. You will want to foster greatness in your own projects.
· Build, manage and own an extensive development pipeline and forward-looking production slate of unscripted programming, which aligns with the business’s goals and overall content strategy.
· Ability to interpret and selectively apply audience insights, research and listening data and make content strategy recommendations.
· Drive development workflows, the management of partner relations and producer oversight of those 3rd party ideas in development and production
· Originate ideas for new factual programming and manage an extensive development pipeline of third party ideas (sourced from writers, producers, rights owners etc.)
· Provide script editing, notes and other development support for both in-house and 3rd party pitches, pilots and long form original projects
· Prepare projects for commissioning/internal greenlight
· Editorial and producer remit across selected greenlit projects as required, both originated by and assigned to them by their manager (e.g. script editing, compliance, health and safety, talent liaison, directing, editing, sound design, budgeting etc.)
· Communication and alignment with in-house Programming, Content & Production Operations, Business Affairs (Content Acquisitions & Partnerships incl. Publishing), Audible Studios, Marketing, CD&E (Content Discovery and Engagement), Legal and wider teams
· Maintain high editorial standards at all time
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work in a
· Professional degree (minimum BA)
· An understanding of digital content services (either download to own and/or streaming) would be a bonus.
Life at Audible
We’re a collection of unique characters with a common passion - the desire to share the power of storytelling with the world.
We maintain an environment of equality where all team members are supported in their efforts to achieve their full potential. We support flexible work options to assist all members to balance their work, life and family responsibilities.
Audible is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills.
Sounds interesting? Do not hesitate to send us your application!
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.