Sr. Marketing Manager, Owned and Operated
Newark, New Jersey
Job ID: 930331
In this role a person must be able to work at the strategic level (generating bold and innovative ideas for growth based on customer behavior) and at the tactical level (optimizing campaigns with merchandising tools, analyzing traffic data and solving problems). A successful candidate will have a high degree of organization and focus on details, while simultaneously thinking creatively. They will also possess great project management, influencing skills to work across multiple teams to achieve success and the ability to mentor a small team of channel managers. Additionally this person will drive forward autonomous and automated marketing initiatives that results in more precise targeted messages that result in more effective marketing.
This role will join an acquisition marketing team based out of Seattle, WA that collaborates with the broader Audible organization. Audible, Inc., an Amazon.com, Inc. subsidiary, is the leading provider of premium digital spoken audio information and entertainment, offering customers a new way to enhance and enrich their lives every day. Audible was created to unleash the emotive music in language and the habituating power and utility of verbal expression. Audible content includes audio programs from leading audiobook publishers, broadcasters, entertainers, magazine and newspaper publishers, and business information providers.
· Interface with central Amazon marketing teams to stay ahead of broadly impacting initiatives and to advocate for Audible share of voice on site.
· Owning traffic channel marketing end to end: develop strategy, manage creative process, targeting and segmentation, planning, execution, reporting, and optimization.
· Designs and tests highly effective marketing campaigns to improve customer acquisition.
· Builds and launches a variety of customer acquisition and product marketing campaigns for the organization.
· Partners with technical teams to track and release new products directly to the customer.
· Project manages all campaigns from beginning to end ensuring they meet the target objectives.
· Working collaboratively across multiple stakeholders to launch campaigns on time.
· A/B Testing campaigns to trial new ideas for effectiveness.
· Reporting campaign results to senior management and explaining variances.
· Working to strict deadlines and KPI’s as set by the Marketing Director.
· Analyze traffic patterns and optimize for seasonality, relevance, and selection.
· Manage a small team of traffic marketers
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor Degree in marketing, economics, business and/or relevant field of study.
· 5-8 years of relevant work experience in acquisition, performance, and/or product marketing.
· Experience working with marketing tools including email, web analytics, and CRM.
· Demonstrated ability to build, execute, and scale cross-functional marketing programs.
· Superior oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail.
· Ability to manage time and multiple priorities with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
· Ability to present ideas to various levels of an organization and gain support for initiatives.
· Accomplished range of skills from strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and autonomously.
· Comfortable with advanced Excel and capable of manipulating data in order to perform analysis.
· Have relentlessly high standards and a high attention to detail.
Preferred Qualifications· Amazon and/or ecommerce marketing experience.
· Experience in the entertainment or media businesses.
· Experience with HTML.
· Aptitude with basic SQL queries.
· Experience working directly with technical teams to build and launch new marketing products.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.