Director, Discovery & Traffic Marketing
Job ID: 882501
Audible, Inc., an Amazo n.com, Inc. subsidiary, is the leading provider of premium digital spoken audio information and entertainment, offering customers a new way to enhance and enrich their lives every day. Audible was created to unleash the emotive music in language and the habituating power and utility of verbal expression. Audible content includes more than 350,000 audio programs from leading audiobook publishers, broadcasters, entertainers, magazine and newspaper publishers, and business information providers.
The primary responsibility of the Director, Discovery & Traffic Marketing is to drive Amazon traffic for Audible in support of increasing customers acquired into subscription. They will help analyze customer behavior, propose big ideas, implement and then measure the results.
He/She will do this by building a robust global strategy and roadmap of Search, Browse and navigational projects that improve Audible’s relevance, rank and CX via these traffic channels. They will work with a dedicated Product Manager and tech team in conjunction with data science and BI resources to drive projects from concept, through prioritization and to launch.
The role requires hands-on program management skills, passion for technology, and strong leadership capabilities. As a Director, you will be responsible for driving strategies between teams across Audible and Amazon, defining and influencing business requirements from internal and external stakeholders, driving projects through the agile process, and communicating with product/engineering teams and senior leadership. This Director must be comfortable flexing between capturing ‘hearts and minds’ with data analyses and technical conversations to relationship building and influencing to pave the way for their ideas.
The secondary focus of the Director is to lead a team of Marketing managers to increase Audible’s site wide SOV bringing new prospects through campaign and automated marketing via Amazon traffic channels; Gateway, Email, Push, Social etc. Here they will leverage their creative and insist on high standards to guide the team to deliver day to day campaign development, execution and reporting. As well as identify new traffic channel strategies, improve targeting models with ML/data science, and champion campaign conversion rate improvement through testing.
The role requires a highly analytical mindset, data savviness, curiosity to seek out new possibilities and dive deep into solutions to support them. He/she should be strong at and attracted to the analytical and technical side of marketing as well as to the creative and experimental side, consistently using one to inform the other. You will be comfortable balancing thinking big and diving deep.
· Drives effective, efficient communication and collaboration for projects that span multiple functions across Amazon and subsidiary Audible. Interacting with and influencing Product / Program Managers, Marketing Managers, Technical Program Managers, and Engineering teams to define and deliver complex initiatives.
· Global point of contact for all Search, Browse and Navigation projects.
· Communicates effectively with varying levels of the organization verbally and in written form and effectively tailors communication style for their audience.
· Anticipates bottlenecks, manages escalations, makes tradeoffs, and balances business needs vs. technical constraints.
· Takes large, complex projects and breaks them down into manageable pieces.
· Develops deep channel insights and understanding in partnership with the central marketing channel teams. Translates channel insights into a forward-thinking product/feature proposals, prioritization, testing roadmap and optimizations.
· Builds complex analyses to refine our understanding of Amazon traffic channel optimization opportunities. Translates analytical findings into actionable insights and concise business actions and that are then executed through direct team or with the help of product and tech teams.
Basic Qualifications· A minimum of 8 years of managing complex and/or technical programs or projects. Background in analytical positions is a plus.
· Degree in Business, Marketing, Math/Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or a similar field.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Experience developing and launching internet products and programs.
· Excellent business judgment with the ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
· Able to generate ideas and solve problems independently.
· Proven analytical and quantitative skills with a passion and aptitude for analysis and testing methodologies/ tools.
· Interest in the technical aspects of digital marketing.
· Strong bias for action and sense of urgency; the ability to make things happen quickly.
Preferred QualificationsAudible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.