Web Development Engineer
Newark, New Jersey
Job ID: 882493
As an engineer on this dynamic team you will be expected to solve complex engineering problems that will have both short- and long-term impact on Audible’s business and our customers. You will have an opportunity to participate in the re-engineering of our entire CMS pipeline services leveraging your past experience and Amazon tools and technologies.
· Develop solutions for web and services: Envisioning, designing, creating, and supporting our solutions that operate with a high degree of operational excellence.
· Partner with a cross-functional teams to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that wows our community and inspires our peers.
· Influence the technical direction and strategy within the team.
· Help define the system architecture, own and implement specific components, and help shape the overall experience.
· Research and find opportunities to utilize web development best practices, guidelines to improve system productivity, scaling and monitoring.
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.