VP, Product Management
Newark, New Jersey
Job ID: 917374
Audible is seeking a Vice President of Product Management to lead the delivery of product roadmap across programs, working in close concert with cross functional leadership in business, product, design and technology.
You will work with cross functional leaders and stakeholders, as well as the program teams to build durable product roadmaps. You will lead the effective and efficient delivery of roadmap projects through the PI process, working with design and technology partners as well as the delivery operations organization. You will establish relationships with business program leaders, the leadership team and drive day to day execution of key deliverables for the programs, along with your teams.
· You’re customer obsessed and want to be a missionary for spoken-word storytelling from Audible.
· You have an in-depth working knowledge of the product development process.
· You are excellent at building relationships across functions and a strong collaborator.
· You can straddle comfortably and effectively across product strategy, prioritization and product execution.
· You’re a fantastic communicator and teacher.
· You’ve managed geographically diverse teams and succeeded in driving clarity, alignment and collaboration.
· You’re inventive, and you know how to invent on behalf of the customer before they ask.
· You see ambiguity as opportunity and obstacles as the chance to build.
· You thrive in a fast-paced, multi-tasked and high energy environment.
· Delivery effectively on the product roadmap through the PI process, working with cross functional stakeholders.
· Drive synergies between programs and their roadmaps and help ensure that Audible remains the key, positively disruptive force within a category we re- invented and are propelling into the media mainstream.
· Create intra-company product learning opportunities with an intense and unremitting focus on spoken word storytelling and listening. Like those moving Amazon forward, Audible thrives on inventing on behalf of the customer – before they are asked to do so.
· Run a world-class team. Develop and motivate top product-centric talent who are creative, collaborative, results-oriented and culturally aligned with Audible’s entrepreneurial DNA and mission.
· Help design measurable tactical and strategic indicators of success that include data-driven inputs and outputs that will help Audible serve the millions of new and legacy customers across generations and territories the Company will serve in the coming months and years.
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
· Experience in leading and managing Product Management teams in a consumer software industry.
· 10+ years of experience in product management and 15+ years overall.
Preferred Qualifications· A track record of gaining the trust and respect of others so as to build and lead world-class teams in transformational and high-growth environments.
· The ability to draw out the best from a broad array of multi-faceted teams, and develop an atmosphere that unleashes creativity and meaningful work.
· Expertise redefining and building consumer technologies driven internally by new science and externally by a level of usability which conforms with Audible’s provision of the best customer service in the realm of digital media.
· An appreciation for the business-facing elements of innovation while never confusing the pursuit of financial outcomes as anything other than the result of the best of all customer experiences.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.