Vice President, Head of ACXContent & Audible Studios | Job ID 1354900
As our content offerings expand, we are looking for an experienced, strategic, and highly collaborative leader to develop the strategy and vision and assume day-to-day leadership of ACX, Audible’s Audiobook Creation Exchange. ACX is a marketplace where authors, literary agents, publishers, and other Rights Holders can connect with narrators, engineers, recording studios, and other Producers capable of producing a finished audiobook.
This role requires a combination of strategic thinking and operational excellence, a passion for results, and an attitude that anything is possible. The right candidate will thrive in a highly entrepreneurial, fast-changing, and collaborative environment where people are driven and enthusiastic problem-solvers. Your mission is unique and powerful – help us make history by driving the strategy, operations and expansion of ACX.
· You’re a seasoned entrepreneur who has developed and grown successful digital platforms to scale.
· You’re a visionary who takes delight in disrupting the status quo and doesn’t know the meaning of the words “too big”.
· You’re a born leader who can drive results from cross functional teams.
· You’re an exceptional verbal and written communicator with a knack for making complex topics simple and evangelizing and inspiring people at all levels of the organization based on a shared vision.
· Lead the strategy for the largest independent community of audiobook creators in the world. Set the strategic vision and guidance, while directing the day-to-day execution.
· Serve as a voice to (and for) the independent creative community both internally and externally.
· Expand ACX to new countries with a focus on the creation of culturally relevant local content.
· Innovate and establish opportunities to expand beyond audiobooks.
· Continually monitor content creation policies and processes to ensure the ultimate listening product is appropriate for customers.
· Oversee the daily business activity of ACX, while you improve the overall business function, manage budgets, develop strategic plans, create and amend policies, while communicating and managing execution of business goals with the team.
· Experience building consumer-facing products that touch millions of users.
· The ability to lead complex teams and products through launch while handling an incredible number of moving pieces.
· Bachelor's degree.
· Passion for the creative class.
· Strong organizational, interpersonal and communications skills; the ability to manage with a broad set of internal and external stakeholders, including leadership at all levels.
· High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
· Team player with the ability to work effectively in high-energy, rapidly evolving organization.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Sign up for Job Alerts
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.