Vice President, Content ProgrammingContent & Audible Studios | Job ID 1300793
As our catalog offerings expand, we are looking for an experienced, strategic, and highly collaborative leader to build a Content Programming team. In this newly established role, you will lead a team responsible for driving content strategies that appeal to a wide variety of audiences, working across functions to ensure content plans line up with product and marketing initiatives. This role requires a combination of strategic thinking and operational excellence, a passion for results, and an attitude that anything is possible. The right candidate will thrive in a highly entrepreneurial, fast-changing, and collaborative environment where people are driven and enthusiastic problem-solvers. Your mission (and ours) is unique and powerful: fill hearts and minds with premium audio content that entertains, informs, and enriches.
· Develop and oversee a slate of programming that aligns to our vision and content strategy
· Collaborate cross-functionally with development and production teams, as well as marketing and PR, to plan and execute against content tentpoles and across a portfolio of Audible Originals
· Build and lead a team of high-performing programmers, each responsible for various slates within the broader content portfolio
· Establish appropriate budgets per vertical in partnership with content acquisition and development teams, finance, and BI
· Respond to audience needs and cultural and consumer trends, evolving the content programming strategy accordingly, in partnership with product marketing
· Work with genre/program leads and content executives to develop innovative content and programming ideas to drive listener engagement
· Provide guidance and materials for internal and external partners to source projects and analyze pitches to green light efforts that ladder up to our overarching vision
· Communicate with senior executives regarding overall strategy and high-profile releases
· Empower a positive, success-oriented environment that promotes creativity and innovation within guardrails that ensure focus on the biggest-impact opportunities
· Set goals, measure progress, and use data to inform programming decisions and effectiveness
· Contribute to competitive analysis and strategic recommendations
· Identify opportunities for new tools and/or process improvements to drive operating efficiency and empower scale of an ever-growing portfolio
· Creative, strategic, and analytical thinker and problem solver
· Experience overseeing significant budgets
· Proven executive-level written and oral communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to influence others’ points of view and/or create consensus
· Strong ability to prioritize key initiatives and develop business cases for budgets and resource investments
· Entrepreneurial and innovative spirit, willing to take data-informed risks
· Experience building, managing, coaching, and developing a team
· Ability to define, develop, and utilize data-driven metrics and qualitative information
· Strong instinct for stories and experiences that will appeal to listeners
· Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
· Capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing multiple demands
· Strong collaboration and communication skills
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Pop-culture savvy
· Passion for Audible’s core mission to improve lives through storytelling, the company’s commitment to urban revitalization, and its disruptive, technology-driven culture
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As the world’s largest producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Content Acquisition Director Newark, New Jersey Content & Audible Studios
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.