UX ResearcherProduct & User Experience | Job ID 1765524
ABOUT THIS ROLE
The UX Research team is searching for a passionate User Experience Researcher to join our growing team here at Audible. User Experience Research is at the heart of Audible’s goal to be obsessed with our customers by bringing their point of view to the innovation, design and implementation of our products. In this role you will join the team in working ceaselessly to understand consumer attitudes, goals, and behaviors so we can create the most delightful and innovative experiences for them. In this role you will focus on learning "why" people do the things they do when interacting with Audible and other entertainment services. You will strategize so we can apply the right research at the right time for the right problems. Ultimately, our research informs and empowers Audible’s product and design teams to create fulfilling listening experiences for our customers.
ABOUT THE TEAM
We nerd out on Research! We are a team of Researchers – UX Research, Market Research, Global Research, and Content Insights. We bring our insights together and are proud to be a multidisciplinary team of, early career to executive level, curious and customer-focused Researchers.
We help each other grow and thrive! You will have a mentor and a manager that cares about you, your career, and your skills development. We’ve been intentional about creating a warm and supportive vibe on the team. We gather often to collaborate, ask questions, and grow together, so bring your unique skills and experience and be prepared to share and learn and grow with us.
We can see the impact of our work! Our work continuously informs Product Strategy and Design decisions. All of Audible can see that we are informing the yearly strategic imperatives and product ideas, plans, creation, and at launch.
Our work informs Product Strategy and Design decisions! We are aligned with strategic initiatives so Audible can see the continuous impact of our work through the product lifecycle.
We like to learn from people outside our group! We are planning our second annual Research Summit for January 2022 where we will invite UX Research Leaders to come and teach us (and our Product and Design Partners) new methodologies, approaches, and analysis frameworks.
· You’re passionate about applying human-centered design thinking and advocating for strategic and foundational research to identify big picture problems.
· You have skills in facilitating ideation sessions for product innovation with Product and Design partners.
· You find value in early and iterative concept validation to ensure teams have the insights they need to start at the right place.
· You enjoy partnering with insights teams (Data Science, Market Research, Content Insights, Global Research, and Business Intelligence) to craft a more comprehensive story for your Product and Design Partners.
· You understand that innovation is about problem- solving, so you naturally analyze situations, identify existing or potential opportunities/problems, and recommend solutions.
· You’re skilled in both qualitative and quantitative (surveys, benchmarking, or other large sample) methods, as well as balancing the need to empathize with our consumers with the need to deeply understand their behaviors.
· You’re a detail-obsessed and highly organized person when it comes to designing user research studies and do not lose sight of the big picture when synthesizing meaningful insights that drive innovative design.
· You are a great storyteller; able to confidently and creatively communicate research insights in ways that influence product and design decisions at multiple levels of leadership.
· You love sharing your knowledge and are comfortable collaboratively leading product and design teams in how to do basic research, so we come to product and design decisions together as a team.
· You’re a born collaborator, eager to work side-by-side with high performing multidisciplinary designers, product managers, researchers, ops coordinators, and engineers (across Audible and Amazon) exploring the power of engaging audio content discovery, subscription, and consumption experiences.
As a UX Researcher, you will...
· Work alongside product and design to create strategic frameworks and end-to-end research plans that guide stakeholders throughout the product roadmap and lifecycle.
· Develop and implement user-centered research throughout the design and development phase (from discovery to delivery) using a variety of methodologies including: ethnography, contextual inquiry, diary studies, concept testing, benchmarking, competitive analysis, usability, persona/profile creation, and other appropriate qualitative and quantitative research techniques.
· Perform quick but thorough data analysis in order to identify actionable insights and support recommendations.
· Deliver high quality user research solutions in an environment with frequently shifting priorities and new market opportunities.
· Continually monitor research, data, and trends from secondary research sources (both internal and external) such as academic research and industry reports to inform and improve our research methods and methodology.
· Leverage remote research tools such as usertesting.com and Alida.
· Be comfortable conducting research remotely (during COVID and in the future) as well as in a range of consumer environments (home, office, etc.) and lab settings.
· Be a strong and vocal advocate for the user.
· 3+ years of applied research experience.
· Ph.D. or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Human Factors, HCI, Psychology, Sociology, Cognitive Science, Research & Strategy, Anthropology or related field.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of audio storytelling and spoken-word entertainment, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Sign up for Job Alerts
- UX Researcher Newark, New Jersey Product & User Experience
- Senior Product Manager - Data Products & Analytics Newark, New Jersey Product & User Experience
- Senior Product Manager, Member Experience Newark, New Jersey Product & User Experience
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.