UX ResearcherDesign & User Experience | Job ID 964503
You’re passionate about applying human centered thinking and consider yourself a Research Strategist, in that you apply human centered thinking to find, collect and generate the right research evidence at the right time to strongly influence product design decisions.
You may not be a Design Strategist, but you understand Design Thinking and how it applies to innovative product design, and how and why product decisions are made.
You understand that innovation is about problem solving so you naturally analyze situations, identify existing or potential opportunities/problems and recommend solutions.
You keep your eye on big picture problems and bring together design and product using research plans that drive innovative product design.
You’re skilled in both qualitative and quantitative methods, balancing the need to empathize with our consumers with the need to deeply understand their behaviors.
You’re a detail obsessed and highly organized person when it comes to designing user research studies but do not lose sight of the big picture when it comes to analysis and drawing relevant and meaningful insights that drive innovative design.
You are a great storyteller; able to confidently and creatively communicate research insights in ways that influence product and design decisions at multiple levels of leadership.
You ache to share your knowledge, collaboratively leading product and design teams in how to do basic research with you, so that we come to product and design decisions together as a team.
You’re a collaborator, eager to work side-by-side with high performing multidisciplinary designers, product managers and engineers (across Audible and Amazon) exploring the limits of audio content discovery, subscription and consumption experiences.
· Under the guidance of a Sr or Lead UX Researcher, work alongside product and design to create strategic frameworks, typologies, personas and full research plans that guide product and design teams throughout the product lifecycle.
· Align well thought-out research plans with our product roadmap with senior UXR peers and leaders.
· Design and implement user-centered research (with some guidance) throughout the design and development cycle (from discovery to delivery) using a variety of methodologies including: ethnographic interviews, ethnography, contextual inquiry, diary studies, concept testing, benchmarking/competitive analysis, usability, persona/profile creation and other appropriate qualitative and quantitative research techniques.
· Define, track and report key user experience metrics.
· Perform quick but thorough data analysis in order to create actionable insights and recommendations.
· Continually monitor research, data and trends from secondary research sources (both internal and external) such as academic research and industry reports to inform and improve our research methods and methodology.
· Contribute to the design systems and best practices that facilitate a growing team’s work.
· Leverage remote research tools such as usertesting.com, UserZoom and dscout.
· Be comfortable conducting research in various consumer environments (e.g. home, office) as well as lab settings.
· Be an advocate for the customer.
· At least 3 years of experience in conducting research with cross functional teams.
· Ph.D. or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Human Factors, HCI, Psychology, Sociology, Cognitive Science, Research & Strategy, Anthropology or related field.
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Sr Director, UX Design Newark, New Jersey Design & User Experience User Experience Design is at the heart of Audible’s goal to be customer obsessed. The UX team works ceaselessly to trans
- UX Research Director Newark, New Jersey Design & User Experience User Experience Research is at the heart of Audible’s goal to be obsessed with our customers, bringing their point of vi
- UX Designer Newark, New Jersey Design & User Experience User Experience Design is at the heart of Audible’s goal to be customer obsessed. The UX team works ceaselessly to trans
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.