UX Research DirectorDesign & User Experience | Job ID 1023502
The UX Research team is searching for a passionate User Experience Research Director to join our growing team here at Audible.
You use your deep professional knowledge and acumen to advise senior leadership on strategic decisions and are known internally and externally as a thought leader in your community.
You codify our work into repeatable processes that the rest of the UXR team can learn from and repeat.
You exercise creativity, foresight and judgment in conceiving, planning and delivering your research program initiatives.
You’re passionate about applying human centered thinking and consider yourself a Research Strategist, in that you apply human centered thinking to find, collect and generate the right research evidence at the right time to strongly influence product design decisions.
You understand multiple research methodologies and how they apply under different scenarios and can guide and lead other researchers, product teams and UX teams through the best methodologies for a successful product.
You may not be a Design Strategist, but you understand Design Thinking and how it applies to innovative product design, and how and why product decisions are made. You are comfortable with ambiguity and have the drive to make bring clarity where there is none.
You understand that innovation is about problem solving so you naturally analyze situations, identify existing or potential opportunities/problems and recommend solutions.
You keep your eye on big picture problems and bring together design and product using research plans that drive innovative product design.
You’re skilled in both qualitative and quantitative methods, balancing the need to empathize with our consumers with the need to deeply understand their behaviors.
You’re a detail obsessed and highly organized person when it comes to designing user research studies but do not lose sight of the big picture when it comes to analysis and drawing relevant and meaningful insights that drive innovative design.
You are a great storyteller; able to confidently and creatively communicate research insights in ways that influence product and design decisions at multiple levels of leadership.
You ache to share your knowledge, collaboratively leading product and design teams in how to do basic research with you, so that we come to product and design decisions together as a team. You understand how to influence and persuade when conflicts arise and “bring the team with you” in your judgment and decision making.
You’re a born collaborator, eager to work side-by-side with high performing multidisciplinary designers, product managers and engineers (across Audible and Amazon) exploring the limits of audio content discovery, subscription and consumption experiences.
· Be a respected thought leader in UX Research, both internally and externally. Influence senior leadership in their understanding of human centered thinking and UX research. · Codify research methodologies and processes so they are repeatable across the organization.
· Use research findings and storytelling skills to persuade and influence product design decisions.
· Create new research methodologies and collaborative techniques to influence product design decisions and enhance the thought leadership of the senior research team.
· Collaboratively create clarity where there is ambiguity for your design and product teams.
· Work alongside product and design to create strategic frameworks, typologies, personas and full research plans that guide product and design teams throughout the product lifecycle.
· Align well thought-out research plans with our product roadmap, often using strategic research and planning to inform the roadmap.
· Develop and implement user-centered research throughout the design and development cycle (from discovery to delivery) using a variety of methodologies including: ethnographic interviews, ethnography, contextual inquiry, diary studies, concept testing, benchmarking/competitive analysis, usability, persona/profile creation and other appropriate qualitative and quantitative research techniques.
· Perform quick but thorough data analysis in order to create actionable insights and recommendations.
· Deliver high quality user research solutions in an environment with frequently shifting priorities and new market opportunities.
· Continually monitor research, data and trends from secondary research sources (both internal and external) such as academic research and industry reports to inform and improve our research methods and methodology.
· Contribute to the design systems and best practices that facilitate a growing team’s work.
· Leverage remote research tools such as usertesting.com, UserZoom and dscout.
· Be comfortable conducting research in various consumer environments (home, office, etc) and also in lab settings.
· Be a strong and vocal user advocate.
· At least 5 years of experience in managing research at a program level with cross functional teams.
· Ph.D. or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Human Factors, HCI, Psychology, Sociology, Cognitive Science, Research & Strategy, Anthropology or related field.
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Sr Director, UX Design Newark, New Jersey Design & User Experience User Experience Design is at the heart of Audible’s goal to be customer obsessed. The UX team works ceaselessly to trans
- UX Designer Newark, New Jersey Design & User Experience User Experience Design is at the heart of Audible’s goal to be customer obsessed. The UX team works ceaselessly to trans
- Sr UX Researcher Newark, New Jersey Design & User Experience User Experience Research is at the heart of Audible’s goal to be obsessed with our customers, bringing their point of vi
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.