Newark, New Jersey
Job ID: 957941
As a UX Designer for Data & Corporate systems, you will design simple, fluid, and pragmatic experiences for Audible’s catalog management and business intelligence systems. Every day, hundreds of Audible employees use these systems to personalize and craft the Audible listening experience for millions of customers worldwide.
Design high-quality products:
You use your design skills to find solutions that transform knowledge of the customer into compelling product features and services. Your sensitivity to customer experience ensures we produce a premium product that delivers results for the business and delight to our customers.
Foster and maintain systems thinking:
You help teams broaden thinking and articulate problems in new and different ways. You have a passion for telling compelling stories that describe simple solutions to complex challenges. You have an inventor’s spirit and highly refined aesthetic sensibilities to design elegant data visualizations that help users to make educated business decisions that drive billions in revenue annually.
Deepen customer knowledge:
You hold a fundamental belief that understanding customer needs creates the opportunity for product innovation. You actively pursue ways to expand, evangelize, and share your customer knowledge, ensuring the work you produce meets customers needs.
Embrace a growth mindset:
A discerning eye helps you hone your craft, and your constructive feedback helps others grow in a safe environment. You embrace failure as learning and fuel for creative problem-solving. Your hunger for expanding your design skills ensures that you are contributing to your personal growth.
ABOUT THE ROLE
· Participate as a member of a UX project team; collaborating with UX peers and cross-functional teammates from product, insights & analytics, engineering, customer service, marketing, and QA.
· Work iteratively to design, refine, and validate solutions. Using your design skills, you create wireframes, storyboards, walkthroughs and prototypes that communicate your design ideas.
· Graciously provide and incorporate meaningful feedback to improve your and the team’s design solutions and perspectives.
· Partner with User Research to ensure that your design concepts meet our customer's expectations and will deliver the desired results.
· Produce documentation to ensure your designs are well understood by stakeholders and detailed enough for efficient development. You ensure that you have accounted for variations across a wide variety of devices and platforms, handled errors conditions and edge cases, and defined usable, elegant micro-interactions.
· Deliver designs that promote our service-wide User Experience Strategy, and utilize our UX Design System, driving coherence and continuity.
Basic Qualifications· 2+ years of experience as a user experience designer, product designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role.
· A track record of designing and delivering digital products; illustrated with a portfolio.
· Proven ability to take defined customer and business goals and translate them into effective design solutions.
· Able to clearly articulate the basis of design decisions to teammates and respond effectively to feedback.
· Uses a variety of design tools to craft an effective approach, estimate, and plan in response to design requests.
· Experience with several design approaches, methods, and tools that you can use to plan and estimate your project work.
Preferred Qualifications· Degree or formal training in design, HCI, or an equivalent.
· Experience with systems thinking and design (e.g., workflow/asset management systems, business intelligence systems).
· Demonstrated business acumen, including experience measuring and calibrating the impact of your work against key business and customer experience goals.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.