Unit ManagerCustomer Service | Job ID 1520895
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Unit Manager, you will have the opportunity to lead an inbound operation and will be responsible for leading, developing, and engaging a team of exceptional talent. One of your focuses will be motivating, mentoring, and coaching your teams to become the best leaders they can be. To achieve this, Unit Managers are creative problem solvers, interpret data, and deliver meaningful results that keenly drive productivity and efficiency. This position requires a candidate with the proven ability to drive process improvements and the ability to keep pace with our explosive growth while motivating others to meet the challenges of an extremely deadline-driven environment.
· You are obsessed with customer experience and understand the importance of a contact center operations.
· You pride yourself on leading other leaders and have direct experience managing front-line supervisors in supporting their performance and their associates while delivering results on set goals.
· You have an eye for efficiency and bring experience identifying and implementing large-scale process improvement initiatives using data-driven techniques.
As a Unit Manager, you will...
· Lead and develop a team of 4 to 5 Team Managers and between 60 to 80 hourly associates.
· Be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the operation.
· Be responsible for quarterly and yearly business reviews of the function.
· Act as the primary information source for the team, maintaining efficiency and consistency, and taking corrective action when needed.
· Proactively identify and lead process improvement initiatives for the team.
· Mentor, train, and develop teammates for career progression, performance improvement, and recognition purposes.
· Create, communicate, and maintain quality practices and standard work procedures to Team Managers and associates.
· Build and deliver productivity plans by reviewing work forecasts, determining productivity requirements, and partnering with other operational teams.
· Evaluate performance objectives and metrics to determine inbound productivity requirements to achieve efficiency, accuracy, and quality expectations.
· Collaborate with other managers to share best practices across the network.
· Demonstrate ability to lead teams and communicate with senior leadership.
· Roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality.
· Customer service experience in a contact center environment, preferably for technical troubleshooting or help desk support.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or experience in a Contact Center.
· Experience in retention and engagement.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of audio storytelling and spoken-word entertainment, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Sign up for Job Alerts
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.