Total Rewards Sr. Director
Newark, New Jersey
Job ID: 967421
Broad, extensive, and advanced knowledge of total rewards theories and practices its interrelationship with other functional areas. Directs the application of existing principles and guides development of new policies and ideas across the function, aligned to Audible strategy.
Problems are unclearly defined and sufficient information may not be available, or where data appears to conflict. Solutions require judgment to apply new solutions and concepts, multiple perspectives and future implications. Carries responsibility for consideration and resolution of major problems for the function.
Reconciles multiple stakeholder views, requiring awareness, respect, and the ability to manage issues across significantly divergent audiences, often external as well as internal. Develops communications strategies and has significant persuasion skills. Uses strong communication skills to facilitate agreement and consent between conflicting parties.
Translates organizational vision into Total Rewards plans and guides their execution for on medium- to long-term functional goals. Decisions directly impact the performance of the function. Direct impact on company performance.
Accountable for financial impact - can be broad and have a far-reaching impact on the organization, but is not easily quantifiable. No people management accountability, although may manage project teams. Financial accountability for work/projects within scope of accountability.
Hands-on role for an experienced compensation & benefits professional. The Total Rewards Sr. Director is responsible for strategic compensation & benefits initiatives, as well as day to day support of Audible's employee populations. This position works closely with Audible's Global Business Leaders, Human Resources Leadership Team, HR Business Partners, Recruiting, and Finance to deliver best in class total rewards programs to the people of Audible. A successful candidate will exemplify Audible's People Principles their words and deeds. Uses expert professional knowledge and acumen to advise senior leadership on strategic decisions. Widely recognized as expert and thought leader by both internal and external community. Exercising considerable creativity, foresight, and judgment in conceiving, planning, and delivering initiatives.
Basic Qualifications· Minimum 10 years experience designing and administering employee total rewards programs.
· Minimum 5 years experience managing projects.
· Minimum 5 years experience working with people data & analytics.
· Minimum 2 years experience supporting global employee populations.
Preferred QualificationsThe Total Rewards Sr Director is a hands-on subject matter expert for anything and everything related to compensation and benefits globally. They are a strategic thinker who is obsessed with caring for and humanizing our customers - the employees and customers of Audible. They are a naturally creative innovator who embodies Audible's People Principles and applies them to creating, implementing and administering the right total rewards solutions for our people. Their preferred qualifications include:
· Deep knowledge of compensation and benefits principles and practices globally.
· Stays up-to-date on Total Rewards competitive and creative innovations and compliance requirements.
· A Bachelor's or Masters degree in a related field, or commensurate relevant experience.
· Excellent communication skills; able to communicate complex topics in simple, understandable terms.
· Comfortable speaking with and presenting to individuals and groups across the organization, at all levels and during all phases of their career journey.
· Excellent Excel skills.
· Excellent analytical skills.
· Experience administering total rewards for tech populations.
· Experience working in Workday and PeopleSoft.
· Experience and exposure to data science principles.
· Experience with VBA, macros, python a plus.
· High level or tolerance and acceptance of ambiguity and change.
· Builds strong relationships based on respect and transparency.
· Collaborative, creative, innovative and open-minded approach to problem solving.
· Proactive approach to problem solving and project management.
· Comfort and discretion interacting at all levels of the organization, addressing sensitive, often personal topics.
· Decisive, commercial and compliant yet caring and innovative approach to total rewards solutions.
· Meaningful and nuanced cross-functional influencing and balance.
· Exceptional organizational and project management skills.
· Financial and business acumen.
· Excellent consultative listening skills.
· Ability to translate unique business needs into appropriate and compliant people solutions.
· Willingness and enthusiasm to take on other duties needed.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.