Total Rewards Senior DirectorPeople & Operations | Job ID 1494381
Hands-on role for an experienced compensation & benefits professional. The Total Rewards Sr. Director is responsible for strategic compensation & benefits initiatives, as well as day to day support of Audible's employee populations. This position works closely with Audible's Global Business Leaders, Human Resources Leadership Team, HR Business Partners, Recruiting, and Finance to deliver best in class total rewards programs to the people of Audible. A successful candidate will exemplify Audible's People Principles their words and deeds. Uses expert professional knowledge and acumen to advise senior leadership on strategic decisions. Widely recognized as expert and thought leader by both internal and external community. Exercising considerable creativity, foresight, and judgment in conceiving, planning, and delivering initiatives. Core responsibilities include:
· Philosophy Steward: Drives awareness and knowledge of company total rewards philosophy and strategy with senior leadership. Leads and influences total rewards practices for the organization. Directs the team in participation in benchmarking exercises and recommends changes to ensure the maintenance of the company’s total rewards objectives and competitive position in the market place. Champions the application of compensation philosophy to varied and diverse lines of business to access labor markets. Helps on-board Sr. Leaders.
· Design & Development: Applies deep business knowledge to inform long-term business decisions and priorities, partners with business to drive organization and total rewards strategy in context of broader Audible strategy. May be responsible for a specific large scale/complex or regional population. Develops, implements and evaluates total rewards programs. Advocates large scale and complex total rewards programs. Works and interacts with senior leaders, driving thought leadership around total rewards strategy. Influences full life cycle from market data to creation of framework.
· Regulatory/Fiduciary Governance: Works cross-functionally to identify larger projects and total rewards system issues/opportunities and collaborates in creating plans to address. Develops strategy for total rewards compliance initiatives, directs others to partner with central teams to develop plans, leads change management as required. Plans and leads business level diagnostics to ensure consistency of standards as well as advocate for constructive outcomes to ensure compliance and consistency of total rewards standards across the organization.
· Client Consultation & Training: Actively engages and leads education process – develops and design models to support senior management. Evangelizes total rewards strategy with recruiting and HRBPs. Partners with Recruiting Managers and HRBPs to drive talent acquisition capability and end to end process improvement of recruiting process as it relates to total rewards.
· Business Analytics & Reporting: Consults with internal stakeholders on corporate data structures and drives resolution. Looks at systemic ways to improve total rewards services for broader population, consults with central teams to influence policies and processes. Proactively identifies opportunities for total rewards analysis and research supporting key business initiatives.
· 5+ years experience managing projects
· 5+ years experience working with people data & analytics
· 2+ years experience supporting global employee populations
· Deep knowledge of compensation and benefits principles and practices globally.
· Stays up-to-date on Total Rewards competitive and creative innovations and compliance requirements.
· A Bachelor's or Masters degree in a related field, or commensurate relevant experience.
· Excellent communication skills; able to communicate complex topics in simple, understandable terms.
· Comfortable speaking with and presenting to individuals and groups across the organization, at all levels and during all phases of their career journey.
· Excellent Excel skills.
· Excellent analytical skills.
· Experience administering total rewards for tech populations.
· Experience working in Workday and PeopleSoft.
· Experience and exposure to data science principles.
· Experience with VBA, macros, python a plus.
· High level or tolerance and acceptance of ambiguity and change.
· Builds strong relationships based on respect and transparency.
· Collaborative, creative, innovative and open-minded approach to problem solving.
· Proactive approach to problem solving and project management.
· Comfort and discretion interacting at all levels of the organization, addressing sensitive, often personal topics.
· Decisive, commercial and compliant yet caring and innovative approach to total rewards solutions.
· Meaningful and nuanced cross-functional influencing and balance.
· Exceptional organizational and project management skills.
· Financial and business acumen.
· Excellent consultative listening skills.
· Ability to translate unique business needs into appropriate and compliant people solutions.
· Willingness and enthusiasm to take on other duties needed.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.