Technical SEO Manager
Newark, New Jersey
Job ID: 921886
Audible is looking for a Technical SEO Manager to support our fast growing investment into this channel. This position is focused on monitoring, identifying, researching, and testing technical SEO issues. This position reports to the Senior Director, SEO.
To excel in this position, you will be comfortable in a fast-paced, high-energy environment, with high expectations for work quality and output. You're used to dealing with tight deadlines and can manage the requirements of various internal stakeholders. You approach problem-solving and risk management proactively. You use sound business judgment to make quick decisions under pressure in ambiguous circumstances, and bring teams with you on the journey. You love to leverage technology and data to solve problems, and you
· Monitor Botify, SafetyNet, server logs, and backlink trends for significant changes.
· Evaluate and analyze SEO metrics, including Google Search Console, Botify (or equivalent), SEMRush, rank tracking platforms, Adobe Analytics, ahrefs (or equivalent).
· Identify and prioritize SEO issue solutions.
· Partner with product & tech on execution of solutions in the form of tickets, projects, or tests. Provide technical requirements to product & tech Agile teams for SEO projects.
· Execute “non-dev” technical fixes with available tools.
· Provide timely updates on activities, including issues identified, solutions identified, and overall changes to the Technical SEO Roadmap. This includes the estimated business impact of Audible tech activities and search algorithm updates.
Basic Qualifications· 3-4 years of experience with technical SEO Tools and Analysis of data.
· Strong ability to communicate SEO issues to tech and engineering teams and to understand the technical limitations of the sites in question.
· Demonstrate strong understanding of SEO crawl and indexation optimization.
· Demonstrate strong understanding of SEO signals and their implementation.
· Demonstrate strong understanding of Information Architecture’s role in SEO.
· Familiarity with server log analysis, SQL, and database queries.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Proven track record of managing multiple tasks with speed, effectiveness, and attention to detail.
· Comfortable challenging the status quo, questioning existing practices, and suggesting new ideas.
· Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and generate innovative solutions in an extremely fast-paced environment.
· Not required, but we’d love to hear about any of the following: familiarity with Audible, experience in Book publishing, html, social media experience, e-commerce, data-based decision-making.
Preferred QualificationsAudible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.