Technical Program Management Director
Newark, New Jersey
Job ID: 891592
· Work closely with stakeholders and product managers to ensure that requirements are translated to the technology requirements that subsequently drive the execution (plan, coordinate, manage) of software development from design through successful deployment.
· Work with cross functional teams – technology, business, marketing and operations to manage multiple projects that have conflicting needs / priorities, using an Agile development framework, from concept to launch.
· Work with technical astuteness, and be proactive in seeking opens in the projects and drive subsequent closure.
· Communicate project risks, progress, launches and retrospectives across all stakeholders and teams – consistently and transparently.
· Strive constantly to improve and establish a new bar in performance (using objective metrics) in project execution.
· Lead a small team of technical program managers
Basic Qualifications· Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field.
· At least 10 years experience of software development and deployment of distributed multi-tier applications.
· 3+ years experience managing agile software projects.
· Ability to navigate an ambiguous environment in which change is the only constant.
· Detail oriented to ensure that project success is paramount.
· Strong written and verbal and communication skills.
· Be able to diplomatically disagree and align when dealing with different stakeholders.
· Results oriented and with a strong customer focus.
· Prior experience in building service oriented (SOA) distributed systems.
· Prior experience in building ERP systems.
· Prior experience in building web based systems using Java/J2EE, Apache Tomcat.
· Experience building mobile device software and/or applications.
· Adept at usage of various tools such as Microsoft Project.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.