Technical Program Management DirectorBrand & Marketing | Job ID 1643731
ABOUT THIS ROLE
50% of this role will be as the Technical Program Manager (TPM) lead for our Privacy program. In this role you will be responsible for the technical execution of technical Privacy initiatives across Audible, working with development teams across Audible. This role will involve working with the Audible Privacy program lead (stakeholder) to identify proactive and reactive projects in the Privacy space and drive those to completion. The remaining 50% of this role will be working on projects across our Data Portfolio.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Data Program is responsible for a wide breadth of systems and functionality for the whole of Audible. Examples range from our backend Data warehouse and Analytics systems to our customer facing Personalization, Search and CRM systems. Our teams design and build architectures for products and features that deliver Audible content to users on all of our surfaces including iOS, Android, Web, Alexa devices like Echo and more. Our technology allows us to unlock the power of our data to streamline workflows, gather insights from instrumentation, and improve our customer experiences with advanced recommendations and data science modeling. We need your help to manage and drive these complex systems in order to ensure we are scaling our systems to keep up with the demands of our customers.
As a Technical Program Management Director, you will...
· Work closely with stakeholders and product managers to ensure that requirements are translated to the technology requirements that subsequently drive the execution (plan, coordinate, manage) of software development from design through successful deployment.
· Work with cross functional teams – technology, business, marketing and operations to manage multiple projects that have conflicting needs / priorities, using an Agile development framework, from concept to launch.
· Communicate project risks, progress, launches and retrospectives across all stakeholders and teams – consistently and transparently.
· Strive constantly to improve and establish a new bar in performance (using objective metrics) in project execution.
· 10+ years of experience within software.
· 3+ years of experience managing agile software projects.
· Able to diplomatically disagree and align when dealing with different stakeholders.
· Results oriented and with a customer focus.
· Prior experience in building service oriented (SOA) distributed systems.
· Prior experience in building ERP systems.
· Prior experience in building web based systems using Java/J2EE, Apache Tomcat.
· Experience building mobile device software and/or applications.
· Adept at usage of various tools such as Microsoft Project.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
Fully stocked kitchen with all the snacks and drinks to get your creative thoughts flowing.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
From tickets to local events and exciting company-sponsored events, regular outings and team-building events foster our spirit of collaboration.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Discounted sports clubs or fitness reimbursements.
What keeps me motivated here in one word is 'opportunities.' Being able to deep-dive into complex cross-domain problems and stepping out of my comfort zone with projects, technologies and people. I can spontaneously collaborate with literally anyone—from my Audible teammates to my Amazon counterparts to our CIO and CEO—and most importantly get valuable feedback along the way.
Software Development Engineer