Technical Program Management Director, Information SecurityTechnology | Job ID 1819431
ABOUT THIS ROLE
This opportunity is for a seasoned Technical Program Manager (TPM) within Audible’s Data and Corporate Systems Program. The team within Data and Corporate Systems that this role will focused on is our growing Information Security team. As the lead Technical Program Manager in our Information Security team you will partner with technology leaders across both Audible and Amazon to positively influence the security culture, with the ultimate goal of reducing information security risk. Examples of initiatives that you will lead will range from cross-organization programs to drive down operational risk, penetration testing, vulnerability analysis, and ensuring Audible meets our strategic security goals.
This role will be temporarily remote until our return to office date, at which time we will begin our hybrid model, Hub+Home. Our Hub+Home model provides flexibility to do our best work in the way that works best - maximizing the benefits of both work from hub and home. We promote flexibility in how we work, when we work, and from where we work. We also offer the opportunity to work fully remote for up to four weeks per year from anywhere within your assigned hub country. For more information please visit our Hub+Home page at https://www.audiblecareers.com/hub-home-hybrid-workplace.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Data and Corporate Systems Program is responsible for a wide breadth of systems and functionality for the whole of Audible. Examples range from our backend Content and Royalty platforms to our customer facing Personalization and CRM systems. We are also responsible in supporting Audible company-wide with our Information Security and Engineering Operations teams. Our teams design and build architectures for products and features that deliver Audible content to users on all of our surfaces including iOS, Android, Web, Alexa devices like Echo and more.
You are highly passionate about Information Security. You have a background in multiple security domains: engineering, operations, architecture, risk/compliance with the ability to dive deep into the nuances of our project portfolio.
As a Technical Program Management Director, you will...
· Work closely with stakeholders and product managers to ensure that requirements are translated to the technology requirements that subsequently drive the execution (plan, coordinate, manage) of software development from design through successful deployment.
· Work with cross functional teams – technology, business, marketing and operations to manage multiple projects that have conflicting needs / priorities, using an Agile development framework, from concept to launch.
· Communicate project risks, progress, launches and retrospectives across all stakeholders and teams – consistently and transparently.
· Strive constantly to improve and establish a new bar in performance (using objective metrics) in project execution.
· 8+ years of Technical Program Management experience.
· 6+ years of experience working in the field of Information Security or Risk Management.
· Demonstrated experience with project and stakeholder management.
· Technical knowledge in multiple security domain areas such as application, architecture, system and network security, identity/access management etc.
· Security knowledge on current threats, trends, and mitigations.
· Skilled in risk management, technical risk analysis, and making complex business/risk trade-off recommendations and decisions.
· Demonstrated ability to work through ambiguity to detailed solutions.
· Demonstrated ability to lead and influence others.
· Independently driven, resourceful, and able to deliver results with minimal direction.
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with engineering, product management, and senior business leaders.
· Sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
· Senior-level written and verbal communication skills.
· Demonstrated leadership, teamwork and collaboration skills.
· Experience in generating automated metrics to measure IT security effectiveness and consistency.
· Experience with service-oriented architectures and web services security.
· Experience with AWS-specific capabilities.
· Experience with reviewing threat assessments.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
We promote flexibility in how and where we work with our Hub+Home hybrid workplace model.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
From tickets to local events and exciting company-sponsored events, regular outings and team-building events foster our spirit of collaboration.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Learning & Development
We want to help you grow with learning and development programs, leadership training and tuition reimbursement.
What keeps me motivated here in one word is 'opportunities.' Being able to deep-dive into complex cross-domain problems and stepping out of my comfort zone with projects, technologies and people. I can spontaneously collaborate with literally anyone—from my Audible teammates to my Amazon counterparts to our CIO and CEO—and most importantly get valuable feedback along the way.
Software Development Engineer