Team ManagerCustomer Service | Job ID 1033227
Audible -an Amazon company and perpetual innovator – is looking for a Team Manager to help bring our Customer Care organization to the next level. Your mission (and ours) is unique and powerful: fill hearts, minds, and souls with premium audio content that enables learning and literate entertainment.
Put aside your experiences or perceptions of customer service; Audible takes Customer Care to a new level. We’re dedicated to creating unforgettable experiences with a focus on exceeding expectations with every contact.
When you join the Audible family you’re welcomed into a team that values the importance of supporting a culture where all employees are empowered to be innovative, solutions oriented, advocates for success and like to have fun doing so.
You can easily communicate and set performance expectations for your team. You possess a strong commitment to customer service, experience coaching and can successfully develop a team. You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, have a positive work ethic and adhere to company policies. You thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and aren’t hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. You are able to develop initiatives and can roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
· Manage a team of associates (includes a Team Lead)
· Solve customer service issues and demonstrate a passion for delivering a positive Customer Experience
· Develop and achieve performance goals and objectives
· Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, motivation and evaluation of the team
· Write and deliver monthly, mid-year and annual performance reviews
· Carry out the team manager responsibilities in accordance with Audible policies and procedures such as motivating, rewarding, disciplining, resolving conflicts, interviewing, attendance and training
· Identify, develop, analyze and/or improve processes that positively impact team performance and/or business objectives
· Advocate for self-development
· Data manipulation and analysis to assist with evaluating performance and identification of contact drivers
· Direct Customer Service experience in a call center, retail or hospitality environment
· Ability to apply good judgment to resolve problems
· Must possess good organization and communication skills
· Must be able to work well under pressure
· Ability to work a variety of hours (including holidays, nights and weekends)
· Proven track record in understanding customer concerns and resolution
· Good time management and organizational skills
· Ability to perform to expectations in a fast paced and changing environment
· Must be a team player who is self-motivated, has a sense of urgency and has the ability to multi task
· Six Sigma green belt certification
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Sign up for Job Alerts
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.