Strategic Initiatives Senior DirectorFinance & Insight | Job ID 1273660
· Expert in and passion for deals across a wide variety of transaction types, including M&A, investment, partnership, and commercial.
· Rare combination of “thinker” and “do’er” paired with a strong aptitude for understanding global build / buy / partner opportunities.
· Cross-functional leader capable of leading working teams across disciplines without direct authority; must be able to identify and act upon opportunities or issues without explicit instruction.
· High tolerance for ambiguity and complexity with the ability to quickly change focus and balance the needs of the moment with longer-term goals.
· Resilient attitude to overcome even the hardest challenges with creativity, good judgment, and hard work; exhibits strong integrity and ability to follow through on commitments and deadlines.
· Exceptional written and verbal communicator with a knack for making complex topics understandable and inspire people at all levels of the organization.
· Creative left and right brain thinker who has an exceptional ability to balance creativity and people skills with strong business judgment and analytical skills.
· Lead our inorganic growth efforts by partnering with C-suite, Amazon Corp Dev, and Audible functional leaders to identify, enable, and execute on opportunities.
· Strategic advisor for senior leadership across the organization on build/buy/partner opportunities.
· Provide support on non-BAU transactions to Business Develop, Content, Strategy, and other functions.
· Work closely with senior stakeholders throughout the organization to break down silos and assume projects and assignments as a “special forces operator” where Audible does not have the requisite skill set on staff.
· Quantitative background with direct transactional modeling and analysis experience.
· Self-starter attitude strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to build relationships and work seamlessly with a variety of personalities and functional disciplines.
· Proven ability to track, prioritize, and drive multiple concurrent projects to success.
· Experience and comfort around using quantitative data and metrics to communicate ideas.
· Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal); can succinctly and clearly communicate, and are able to produce documents and presentations that are ready for leadership review.
· Deep understanding of and interest in the digital media content landscape, particularly audio.
· Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Math, or related fields.
· Professional services experience as an analyst or team-level contributor at a top tier firm.
· Superior writing skills to communicate complex ideas simply and advocate for recommended decisions.
· MBA or equivalent graduate degree (strong preference).
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As the world’s largest producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.