Strategic Initiatives DirectorFinance & Insight | Job ID 1287525
· Rare combination of “thinker” and “do’er” paired with a strong aptitude for evaluating actionable innovation opportunities.
· An entrepreneur capable of building and executing independently or as part of working teams; must be able to identify and act upon an opportunity or problem without explicit instruction.
· A data-driven strategist who will readily abandon closely held-ideas in favor of stronger evidence — constantly iterating to make our offering better for customers.
· An exceptional written and verbal communicator with a knack for making complex topics simple and evangelizing and inspiring people at all levels of the organization based on a shared vision.
· A creative left and right brain thinker who has an exceptional ability to balance creativity with strong business judgment and analytical skills.
· A transformer who is passionate about figuring out what the future looks like, with a relentless focus on creating and improving customer value.
· A high tolerance for ambiguity and complexity with the ability to quickly change focus and balance the needs of the moment with longer-term goals.
· Resilient with positive attitude – even the stiffest challenges are possible with the right amount of creativity, good judgment, and hard work. Exhibit strong integrity and ability to follow through on commitments and deadlines.
· Strategic advisor for senior leadership; partner with content, marketing, finance, analytics, and technology leadership globally to assess, plan, and enable cross-functional growth opportunities.
· Drive our innovation strategy through constant iteration, data analysis, and constant communication with teammates throughout the organization.
· Identify, prioritize, and plan new high-impact growth opportunities both in the United States and globally
· Assume projects and assignments as a “special forces operator” where Audible does not have the requisite skill set on staff.
· Work closely with senior stakeholders throughout the organization to get buy-in and break down silos.
· Prior hands-on experience and a tenured leadership foundation in the areas of planning and process, product and/or financial planning and strategy execution.
· Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work seamlessly with a variety of personalities and functional disciplines. Ability to build relationships with cross-functional colleagues.
· Experience writing strategy documents for executive audiences with clear recommendations in the midst of ambiguity
· Proven ability to track, prioritize, and drive multiple concurrent projects to success.
· Experience and comfort around using quantitative data and metrics to communicate ideas.
· Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal); can succinctly and clearly communicate, and are able to produce documents and presentations that are ready for leadership review.
· Self-starter attitude and ability to rapidly build rapport and trust with across business functions.
· Deep understanding of and interest in the digital media content landscape, particularly audio.
· Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Math or related fields. MBA or equivalent graduate degree strongly preferred.
· Digital media content royalties and analytics exposure.
· Experience collaborating with product and tech teams to refine an offering for a customer base outside of the United States.
· Experience with innovation at a global company.
· Superior writing skills to communicate complex ideas simply and advocate for recommended decisions.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As the world’s largest producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.