Strategic Content Partnerships Director
Newark, New Jersey
Job ID: 955081
· Identify and investigate new partnership opportunities in light of strategic goals and develop unique and ambitious deal structures to meet those goals and grow Audible’s content offerings.
· Work to prepare projects for internal support and valuation through collection of data and preparation of P&Ls and proposed deal terms.
· Content partner engagement and ongoing relationship development and management.
· Provide insight and drive improvements to optimize support of Audible’s content partnerships.
· Leverage internal analysis and monitor external trends to drive content acquisition and development decisions.
· Communicate deal proposals and deal results to senior management through written reports and presentations.
· Coordinate with other key stakeholders within Audible, such as Legal, Marketing, PR, Content Services, and Business Development to facilitate Audible’s success which will include drafting contracts with legal, processing contracts with Content Services and implementing the deals, giving exposure to partners via our merchandizing and marketing teams.
· Track and communicate deal terms within the organization and provide for first line of enforcement of deal terms if necessary.
Basic Qualifications· College degree required.
· 7-10 years of experience in a business environment.
· 7-10 years of negotiation experience.
· Proven success in content acquisition and/or development at a content, media rights, or digital media department/company.
· Strong negotiation skills and relationship management.
· Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills and the ability to express thoughts logically and succinctly.
· Solid organizational and project management skills.
· Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with cross functional teams under aggressive deadlines.
· Proven decision making, problem solving, analytical and quantitative skills with demonstrated ability to manage the business ‘by the numbers’.
· Ability to handle the ‘hands-on’ day-to-day management of tasks, resolution of problems and issues and experience in implementing action plans to meet objectives.
Preferred Qualifications· Experience or interest in digital media and publishing.
· Strong aptitude in using Excel to model and analyze deals.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.