Strategic Advisor Sr. Director
Newark, New Jersey
Job ID: 891699
You will communicate and coordinate strategy and decision-making with the management team and other key stakeholders. This highly visible role requires demonstrated experience in managing, measuring and driving complex tasks and projects. Successful candidates will be self starters, have excellent communicaton and organizational skills, have the ability to build partnerships and trust, as well as the ability to influence stakeholders with an in depth understanding of the business. Navigating and thriving in fast-paced environments, you will manage through ambiguity and complexity, and support multiple, simultaneous projects to drive the a global organization forward. The ideal candidate will stay focused on aligning the highest-level company priorities with effective day-to-day operations, and help evolve early stage ideas into future-growth initiatives.
· Work on behalf of the EVP & Publisher to lead programs and solve problems with business acumen, drive results by helping shepherd and cull projects and operational imperatives
· Assume and drive discrete projects/assignments as directed by the EVP & Publisher and Content leadership team
· Create and track project plans and key metrics through their lifecycle to assure they are on target and highlight areas that require proactive attention
· Coordinate implementation of tracking systems ensuring strong follow-up management occurs on action items and questions with relevant senior leaders
· Lead the Leadership team operating/management cadence including team meetings, offsites, and common goal alignment, headcount planning, OKRs, etc.
· Digest and distill relevant tracking reports, data, and budgets and proactively advise the EVP & PUBLISHER on key points/take-aways
· Coordinate with Content leadership team to ensure key topics are framed and considered properly based on priorities
· Attend major meetings with EVP & Publisher to assist in the discussion, capture notes, and ensure follow-up conversations and to-dos as applicable
· Support the development and maintenance of partnerships to drive project/initiative work focused on business strategies, opportunities and innovation efforts
· Problem solve and trouble shoot with discretion in real time and support EVP & Publisher regarding follow-up making sure the right people are engaged and involved
· Work closely with Executive Assistant to EVP & Publisher to prioritize meetings, provide or develop relevant materials/prep for key meetings and presentations, identify critical people and ensure they are included or updated
· Work with all business units and departments in order to execute on strategic imperatives and goals
· Proactively connect the dots across initiatives to ensure execution and accountability
· Serve as an extension of the leadership team; corral internal status reports and make sure we are moving forward with operationalizing plans
· Take ownership and roll up your sleeves and get things done
· Uses deep professional knowledge and acumen to advise senior leadership on decisions
· Exercising considerable creativity, foresight, and judgment in conceiving, planning, and delivering initiatives
· Have an eye for detail, foresee the unforeseen
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.