Sr. Visual DesignerDesign & User Experience | Job ID 973706
This position is focused on ensuring that our customers have the highest quality experience interacting with Audible across a wide range of platforms including iOS, Android, web, and Alexa. You bring a refined esthetic sense to the visual and motion design and deliver work that delight customers with rich visuals and tasteful animation that enhances our service's usability all while ensuring that it fits into our larger design system.
Design high quality products
You use your design skills to find solutions that transform our knowledge of the customer into compelling product features and services. Your sensitivity to customer experience ensure we deliver premium product that deliver results for the business and delight our customers.
Deepen customer knowledge
A belief that understanding the customer's goals creates the opportunity for product innovation drives your work. You actively pursue ways to build your customer knowledge that allow you to take advantage of the latest technology to transform our business.
Develop and share a growth mindset
A critical eye helps you hone your craft and your constructive feedback helps others grow in a safe environment. You have a hunger for broadening your design skills ensures that you are continuously helping the entire team become more capable of solving complex problems and delivering thoughtful solutions.
· Participate as a member of a UX project team and collaborating with cross-functional teammates like product managers, data science, engineering, customer service, marketing, merchandising, QA.
· Work iteratively to design, refine, and validate solutions. Using your design skills you create wireframes, storyboards, walkthroughs and paper prototypes to communicate your design ideas to the team. Graciously providing and incorporating constructive criticism to improve you and your team's skills and design solutions. You work with User Research to ensure that your concepts meet our customer's expectations and will deliver the desired results.
· Write detailed documentation to ensure your designs are well understood by stakeholders and detailed enough for efficient development. You ensure that you have accounted for variations across a wide variety of devices and platforms, handled errors and edge cases, and defined elegant micro-interactions.
· Deliver designs that support our service wide User Experience strategy and design system by collaborating with the appropriate UX Leads to drive coherence and continuity.
· Experience delivering visual design across multiple platforms like iOS, Android, and web.
· Candidate must possess a digital design portfolio with examples of web, mobile, and illustration work.
· Experience in standard design applications such as Sketch, Photoshop and Illustrator.
· Familiar with prototyping tools such as InVision.
· Proven ability to take defined customer and business goals and translate them into effective design solutions.
· Able to clearly articulate the basis of design decisions to teammates and respond effectively to feedback.
· Experience delivering visual and motion design across multiple platforms like iOS, Android, and web.
· Work that demonstrates a keen eye for layout, typography, and color as part of building UI design systems.
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Sr Director, UX Design Newark, New Jersey Design & User Experience User Experience Design is at the heart of Audible’s goal to be customer obsessed. The UX team works ceaselessly to trans
- UX Research Director Newark, New Jersey Design & User Experience User Experience Research is at the heart of Audible’s goal to be obsessed with our customers, bringing their point of vi
- UX Designer Newark, New Jersey Design & User Experience User Experience Design is at the heart of Audible’s goal to be customer obsessed. The UX team works ceaselessly to trans
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.