Sr. User Experience Designer - Design SystemsProduct & User Experience | Job ID 1542222
ABOUT THIS ROLE
User Experience Design is at the heart of Audible’s goal to be customer obsessed. The UX team works ceaselessly to transform deep customer insights into delightful and innovative product experiences that drive business results and customer satisfaction. We are searching for a passionate and experienced Senior User Experience Designer who can utilize their design talents and systematic thinking to ensure that Audible continues to lead through product innovation.
ABOUT THE TEAM
This team specializes in designing scalable features for all of Audible's surfaces, including iOS, Android, Mobile web and Desktop Web, with specific focus on the product ecosystem and how it can facilitate rapidly evolving business needs and consumer expectations at a global level. The team works with both our internal teams and end users to design holistic and scalable solutions, components, patterns, interactions, and behaviors that define our design system and underpin our product's user experience.
You use your design skills to find solutions that transform knowledge of the customer into compelling product features and services. Your sensitivity to customer experience ensures we produce a premium product that delivers results for the business and delight to our customers.
You think holistically and systematically. You have an eye for detail and actively think about how different parts of the system influence each other as a whole.
You deepen customer knowledge. You hold a fundamental belief that understanding customer needs creates the opportunity for product innovation. You actively pursue ways to expand, evangelize, and share your customer knowledge, ensuring the work you produce meets customer needs.
Embrace a growth mindset. A discerning eye helps you hone your craft, and your constructive feedback helps others grow in a safe environment. You embrace failure as learning and fuel for creative problem-solving. Your hunger for expanding your design skills ensures that you are contributing to your personal growth.
As a Sr. User Experience Designer, you will...
· Participate as a member of a UX project team; collaborating with UX peers and cross-functional teammates from product, insights & analytics, engineering, customer service, marketing, and QA.
· Work iteratively to design, refine, and validate solutions. Using your design skills, you create wireframes, storyboards, walkthroughs and prototypes that communicate your design ideas.
· Graciously provide and incorporate meaningful feedback to improve you and the team’s design solutions and perspectives.
· Partner with User Research to ensure that your design concepts meet our customer's expectations and will deliver the desired results.
· Produce documentation to ensure your designs are well understood by stakeholders and detailed enough for efficient development.
· You ensure that you have accounted for variations across a wide variety of devices and platforms, handled errors conditions and edge cases, and defined usable, elegant micro-interactions.
· Deliver designs that promote our service-wide User Experience Strategy, and utilize our UX Design System, driving coherence and continuity.
· A track record of designing and delivering digital products; illustrated with a portfolio.
· Experience with variety of design tools to craft an effective approach, estimate, and plan in response to design requests.
· Experience with several design approaches, methods, and tools that you can use to plan and estimate your project work.
· Able to clearly articulate the basis of design decisions to teammates and respond effectively to feedback.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of audio storytelling and spoken-word entertainment, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Sign up for Job Alerts
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.