Sr. Software Development ManagerProduct & Technology | Job ID 1049788
This opportunity specifically is as a Senior Manager of Software Development within the Audio Experiences group. The team is building cutting edge components and 3rd party APIs being used internally and externally. We build the common components and libraries for the Library and Player experiences, as well as the customer facing UI for Audible's Android, iOS, and Web applications. Our APIs enable all Audible listening experiences whether through our apps, Amazon devices, or even third party devices like Sonos. We need your help to develop and deliver on this vision. Success means we lay the foundation for continued expansion of our company without disrupting an already tremendously successful and much loved project.
HOW DOES AMAZON FIT IN?
We're a part of Amazon: they are our parent company and it's a great partnership. You'll get to play with all of Amazon's technologies like Lambda, DynamoDB, ECS, and CloudFront, but it doesn't stop there. Audible is built on a strong foundation of Amazon technology and you'll have insight into the inner workings of the world's leading ecommerce experience. There's a LOT to learn! Your career will benefit from working with teams like Alexa, Kindle, A9, P13N and many more.
If you want to own and solve problems, work with a creative dynamic team, fail fast in a supportive environment while growing your career and working on high volume (5000+ transactions per second) services that support millions of customers worldwide, we want to hear from you.
· Lead 1 scrum team of 5 to 9 Engineers
· Work and communicate with cross functional teams – technology, business and operations to manage multiple projects
· Ownership of the complete software development lifecycle; designing, and leading implementation and testing of new features within a fast paced, Agile environment
· Define, manage and improve the software and product development processes by working closely with high-performance engineers
· Define and execute against project plans and delivery commitments; Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team
· Maintain a hands-on approach to deliver high scale platforms for one of Audible’s flagship offerings
· Ensure the delivery of quality releases through management of direct reports; conduct code reviews
· Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing to maintain a best-in-class engineering team
· You actively mentor more junior members of the team, improving their skills, their knowledge of our systems, and their ability to get things done, and their career growth and development
· 5+ years experience of software development and deployment of distributed multi-tier applications
· 2+ years experience managing agile software projects across multiple and geographically distributed teams
· Prior experience in Domain Driven Design and RESTful service architecture
· Experience running cross functional teams (two or more of these skills on a team: iOS, Android, Web, and Java APIs)
· History of delivering customer-driven software products at a high scale in a fast paced, technology first, rapid-growth company
· Ability to lead positive change, empower people, cultivate product technology visions and innovative solutions
· Experienced decision maker and driver with the ability to articulate product vision and roadmap
· Prior success as a software engineer, subject matter expert, and strategic influencer on the direction of the product design and development
· Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively across teams & multiple division stakeholders
· Experience with distributed digital media technology content delivery - Live Streaming or On-demand video, music, or audio
· History of engineering cultural change including CI/CD, Chaos Engineering, and Microservices or API first development
· Prior use of AWS technologies at scale in a stable production environment
At Audible, we work together with focus, commitment, and shared accountability to serve and invent on behalf of the millions of listeners who depend on us for their daily happiness and routine, striving to imbue our company with a heart and soul and mission beyond financial success. We are committed to making Audible a place where all employees feel they can contribute to our success and pursue meaningful work. We are committed to advancing equality, respect, and belonging in our workplace and in the broader society, which is a foundation of what we do.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Software Development Engineer II - TEST - AMZ3744 Newark, New Jersey Product & Technology MULTIPLE POSITIONS AVAILABLE Entity: Audible, Inc. Title: Software Development Engineer II - TEST Location: Newark, N
- Senior Software Development Engineer – Consumer Domains - Shopping Newark, New Jersey Product & Technology This opportunity is for a Software Development Engineer for Audible’s Consumer Domains group. We are the team that creat
- Product Manager, New Business/ International (digital product mgmt exp, Agile) Newark, New Jersey Product & Technology Imagine a company with millions of the most satisfied customers on the planet, that has been delighting those customers
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
Fully stocked kitchen with all the snacks and drinks to get your creative thoughts flowing.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
From tickets to local events and exciting company-sponsored events, regular outings and team-building events foster our spirit of collaboration.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Discounted sports clubs or fitness reimbursements.
What keeps me motivated here in one word is 'opportunities.' Being able to deep-dive into complex cross-domain problems and stepping out of my comfort zone with projects, technologies and people. I can spontaneously collaborate with literally anyone—from my Audible teammates to my Amazon counterparts to our CIO and CEO—and most importantly get valuable feedback along the way.
Software Development Engineer