Sr Software Development Engineer II
Newark, New Jersey
Job ID: 927384
As an engineer on this dynamic team you will be expected to solve complex engineering problems that will have both short and long term impact on Audible’s business and our customers. You will have an opportunity to participate in the re-engineering of our entire ADAM pipeline services leveraging your past experience and Amazon tools and technologies.
· Set the technical direction and strategy within the team and strategize to influence technology across Audible and beyond.
· Lead significant technical initiatives involving cross-functional teams.
· Developing solutions for web and services: Envisioning, designing, creating, and supporting our solutions that operate with a high degree of operational excellence.
· Partner with a cross-functional teams to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that wows our community and inspires our peers.
· Be willing to explore technical needs and bring problems AND solutions to the table.
· Constantly strive to raise the bar on engineering excellence.
· Lead the way - staying up to date with tools, trends, technologies and frameworks both industry-wide and within Amazon and then sharing that knowledge in a meaningful way with the community. Mentor and lead developers by cultivating curiosity and deep technical understanding.
Basic Qualifications· BA/BS degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent practical experience
· 3-10 years of professional software development experience or equivalent.
· Server-side development experience, preferably in Java/Spring/Hibernate Client-side app development experience, preferably in Android
· Experience in multiple AWS services, especially with stateless service esxperience leading full stack development web teams.
Preferred Qualifications· · Strong Object Oriented development skills.
· Expertise in Java.
· Solid Computer Science fundamentals.
· Experience developing and maintaining robust high availability distributed software systems.
· Strong problem solving skills; adaptable, enterprising and willing to take ownership.
· Familiarization with AWS will be an advantage.
· A high-quality bar; just-enough documentation, unit testing, code reviews, test automation, continuous integration & deployment and a preference for agile methods.
· Great communication skills - ability to think creatively and adapt the message to the audience.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.