Sr Product Manager
Newark, New Jersey
Job ID: 892404
You will be finding ways to bring the power of the spoken word to people who need it most and whose lives can be completely changed by what you deliver. You’ll be working hand-in-hand with mission-driven business leaders to consider how to improve the Audible experience in existing overseas marketplaces as well as how to bring Audible into new ones where people want to engage their minds through the medium of the spoken word. You’ll focus relentlessly on customer, working with user experience designers, to craft product capabilities that you’ll help marketers and software engineers to build.
This team is all about bringing our award-winning service to a wider audience, by imagining new capabilities and service innovations, experimenting and iterating quickly, and quickly delivering to customers. You will lead a product team that articulates new possibilities and then moves fast to make them a reality. Your team will meet with potential listeners in new segments and new places, and will open up Audible to a whole new set of champions.
You have an insatiable appetite for understanding your customers and are relentless in finding solutions that meet their needs, sweating the details and tying them back to the big picture. You know what customers value about what Audible does. You are passionate about bringing the spoken word to even just one more listener. You are an evangelist for Audible. You believe in the mission. You want to change people’s lives.
You deeply understand your product, and the alternative ways customers spend their time. You know how best to match what your product can do to what your customers know they need and to what they have yet to understand they need. You know what is easy to change about your product and what is challenging. You know how to evolve the product to meet evolving needs, moving the product ahead, leaving nobody behind.
You’re an accountable, hands on problem-solver with a positive attitude, letting nothing stand in the way. You know how to clarify the path forward and prioritize work. You know how to influence others.
You’re a natural collaborator equally comfortable talking tech with developers, user experience with designers, copy and positioning with product marketers, numbers with finance and marketing, and strategy with executive leadership. You pay attention to people, connect with them, and know how to achieve great things together.
· Drive product development from conceptualization through launch creating actionable plans, work streams and tactics and execute on those in support of new product launches.
· Define and manage the product roadmap, setting expectations with all relevant stakeholders.
· Lead a team of product owners and support them in sprint grooming, prioritization, and definition efforts.
· Interface with the development team to drive the creation and execution of the product roadmap.
· Drive cross-functional teams (including development, content, marketing, analytics, designers, and legal) to build great experiences together.
· Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the organization’s ability to meet its strategic, financial, and technical goals.
· Leverage data/analytics to make decisions, but know how to make the call when all the data isn’t there.
· Eat, sleep, and breathe digital media. Know the competition. Identify the whitespace. Become subject matter expert for your product area.
Basic Qualifications· 4+ years’ experience in digital product management with increasing responsibility.
· Extensive experience in product ownership/management in an agile environment.
· Experience leading product teams to successful product launches.
· Experience managing content-driven products in a B2C environment.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Entrepreneurial spirit and motivation to roll up your sleeves and try different things with minimal direction.
· A demonstrated record of partnering with teams across the organization and influencing to achieve business results across multiple teams who may have different goals.
· Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, schedule tradeoffs and champion opportunistic new ideas with technical and non-technical employees.
Preferred Qualifications· Experience launching products in new marketplaces throughout the world.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.