Sr Product Manager
Newark, New Jersey
Job ID: 885539
Imagine a company with millions of the most satisfied customers on the planet, that has been delighting those customers for decades, and that has consistently pushed the boundaries of technology, entertainment, education, and self-improvement. Now add to that a company culture that not only puts the customer at the center of every decision and action, but that also strives to elevate those customers, enriching their lives in every imaginable way. Your role is to expand the reach of those myriad benefits to additional millions in new ways and in new places, to amplify that success to new levels.
You will be finding ways to bring the power of the spoken word to people who need it most and whose lives can be completely changed by what you deliver. You’ll be working hand-in-hand with mission-driven business leaders to consider how to improve the Audible experience in existing overseas marketplaces as well as how to bring Audible into new ones where people want to engage their minds through the medium of the spoken word. You’ll focus relentlessly on customer, working with user experience designers, to craft product capabilities that you’ll help marketers and software engineers to build.
This team is all about bringing our award-winning service to a wider audience, by imagining new capabilities and service innovations, experimenting and iterating quickly, and quickly delivering to customers.
You have an insatiable appetite for understanding your customers and are relentless in finding solutions that meet their needs. You know what customers value about what Audible does. You are passionate about bringing the spoken word to even just one more listener. You are an evangelist for Audible. You believe in the mission. You want to change people’s lives.
You’re an accountable, hands on problem-solver with a positive attitude, letting nothing stand in the way. You know how to clarify the path forward and prioritize work. You know how to influence others.
You’re a natural collaborator equally comfortable talking tech with developers, user experience with designers, copy and positioning with product marketers, numbers with finance and marketing, and strategy with executive leadership. You pay attention to people, connect with them, and know how to achieve great things together.
· Drive product development from conceptualization through launch creating actionable plans, work streams and tactics and execute on those in support of new product launches
· Define and manage the product roadmap, setting expectations with all relevant stakeholders
· Interface with the development team to drive the creation and execution of the product roadmap
· Drive cross-functional teams (including development, content, marketing, analytics, designers, and legal) to build great experiences together
· Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the organization’s ability to meet its strategic, financial, and technical goals
· Leverage data/analytics to make decisions, but know how to make the call when all the data isn’t there
· Eat, sleep, and breathe digital media. Know the competition. Identify the whitespace. Become a subject matter expert for your product area
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.