Sr. Product Manager, Mobile Apps
Newark, New Jersey
Job ID: 866508
About the role:
Audible is looking for a Senior Product Manager to join that mission for our iOS and Android mobile apps team. The focus of this role is to define and drive vital areas of product innovation. The ideal candidate will have experience both in strategy definition and also in rolling up their sleeves to do what it takes to get to a successful launch.
You live and breathe consumer experiences across iOS and Android apps. You’re an accountable, hands on problem-solver with a positive attitude, letting nothing stand in the way. You thrive when moving a project from ambiguity to clarity. You’re a natural collaborator equally comfortable talking tech with developers, user experience with designers, copy and positioning with product marketers, numbers with finance and marketing, and strategy with executive leadership. You pay attention to people, connect with them, and know how to achieve great things together. You have a strong sense of purpose and integrity, with deep emotional intelligence.
You will have proven analytical capabilities, strong persuasive writing skills, broad business experience, the tenacity to develop ideas independently, and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment.
· Drive product development from conceptualization through launch – creating actionable plans, work streams and tactics, and execute on those in support of new product launches.
· Collaborate with technology teams, UX, and business development partners to determine what features to move forward and in what priority order.
· Ensure business and technical stakeholder needs are aligned by driving mindful discussions that lead to crisp decisions.
· Write market, functional and system requirements documents and ensure clear communication and coordination of requirements to business and development teams.
· Create plans that have clear, measurable success criteria.
· Manage the execution of initiatives from idea through launch, while setting and managing the right expectations with all relevant stakeholders.
· Solve ambiguous problems and proactively identify and mitigate risks before they become roadblocks.
· Partner with UX and UX Research to define good outcomes for qualitative testing, ensuring we are building the right experience for a diverse range of cultures.
· Regularly review metrics and proactively seek out new and improved data/mechanisms for visibility, ensuring your program stays aligned with organization objectives.
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.