Sr. Director, Software Development, New Business
Newark, New Jersey
Job ID: 933234
· Work with cross functional stakeholders to understand business strategy and define technology goals.
· Ensure the business goals are met as a result of the roadmap you define for the department.
· You will set standards and coach teams to deliver the best product, program or project with the most efficient use of company resources.
· Work with cross functional teams across technology, business and operations to manage multiple projects that have conflicting needs & priorities.
· You will collaborate to define the functional and technical architecture of the New Businesses engineering team and how it connects with the rest of Audible and Amazon.
· You actively mentor future leaders by improving their communication skills, knowledge of our systems, ability to think, ability to influence non-technical people.
· Communicate portfolio risks, progress, launches and retrospectives across all senior stakeholders and teams – consistently and transparently.
· Solve complex issues by analyzing their interrelationships and impacts across the organization.
Basic Qualifications· Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field.
· 15+ years experience managing software across a variety of functions and group (QA, Engineer, BA, etc.) within an agile projects framework.
· Ability to create structure out of ambiguity and set direction for your teams.
· Detailed oriented to ensure that the departments delivery is aligned with our strategic goals.
· Created communication strategies for a department that impacts internal and external stakeholders.
· Strong analytical skills and creative thinker.
· Ability to influence c-level stakeholders and managers of other groups.
· Self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work in a very fast paced environment.
· Results oriented and with a strong customer focus.
· Budgeting and portfolio management.
· Prior experience in building service oriented (SOA) distributed systems.
· Prior experience in building web based systems using Java/J2EE, Apache Tomcat.
· Experience building mobile device software and/or applications is highly preferred.
· Adept at usage of various tools such as Microsoft Project.
Preferred QualificationsAudible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.