Sr. Director, Product MarketingBrand & Marketing | Job ID 1174863
The role requires a passion for results, a commitment to action-oriented analysis, an attitude that anything is possible, and a relentless focus on the customer. The right candidate will thrive in a highly entrepreneurial, fast-changing, and collaborative environment where people are driven, enthusiastic, collaborative and not afraid to take risks. Your mission (and ours) is unique and powerful: fill hearts, minds, and souls with premium audio content that entertains, informs, and enriches.
· Manage and develop a high-performing team of strategic product marketers.
· Define and continuously refine audience strategy and segmentation for Audible’s core subscription businesses, deeply understanding evolving customer needs and championing those needs throughout the organization.
· Drive our position in an increasingly exciting market by creating clear value props, messaging, and marketing claims.
· Own go-to-market strategy and oversee implementation for product and feature launches.
· Deeply understand our robust catalog of audio content and help inform content investment strategies based on audience interests and consumption patterns.
· Continuously improve the value of membership by partnering with Product to create new core features, benefits, and CX enhancements that will delight and engage current and future customers.
· Work in lockstep with our market research and user research teams to uncover key customer insights and validate hypotheses.
· Drive business case development, bringing together customer insights, research, financial data and analytics to develop a perspective on revenue and profitability potential for new to market initiatives.
· Communicate business plans and strategy to senior leadership.
· Partner with Marketing teams to guide cohesive messaging strategy across all outbound and inbound marketing channels.
· Partner with Communications team to craft our external story and press strategy around product evolution.
· Partner with Finance, Analytics and Data Science to define and measure success.
· Ability to flex between big picture strategic decisions and granular tactical solutions.
· Thought leader with demonstrated ability to drive positive change in an organization.
· Thrives on collaborative work; attacks big problems with big ideas and without ego.
· Demonstrated understanding of messaging strategy, user experience and persuasive marketing techniques in driving engagement with new or existing features or benefits.
· A demonstrated record of partnering with teams cross the organization and influencing to achieve business results across multiple teams who may have different goals.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Marketing or a related field of study required.
· Strong analytics and business case development skills.
· Fantastic oral and written communication skills.
· Self-motivated, nimble and highly results-driven in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
· Strong people leader.
· Experience in membership-based business models.
· Experience in content and/or media companies.
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.