Software Engineer – Web and InternationalTechnology | Job ID 1448021
Audible’s Quality Assurance organization promotes product quality, and organizational quality ownership thru well-defined measurable processes, comprehensive quality assessment and identification of risk. In addition, the organization provides tools and infrastructure needed to support agile feature delivery, improve quality and increase engineer productivity. The team includes Quality Assurance Engineers, Quality Assurance Technicians and Software Engineers working side by side with Software Development Engineers, Product Managers, User Experience, and Customer Support staff to understand features, bugs, customer usage, and technical implementation to deliver high quality products to our customers.
Audible Web & Internationalization (i18n) QA team is responsible for validating Customer Experiences across all of the US and International marketplaces, and supporting Audible Business, Marketing and Engineering teams to expand Audible’s presence into various marketplaces. Customer Obsession principle is in our DNA to advocate for and enhance the Customers’ Experiences on Audible and Amazon platforms including Web, Mobile and Native Apps. We simulate and continuously improve the Customers’ End to End journey by delivering high quality consumer facing products.
· Develop, and test software components and applications for the largest creator and provider of audiobooks in the world.
· Work on an agile engineering team writing maintainable and scalable code for software components.
· Collaborate with stakeholders to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that impacts our customers and inspires your peers.
· Apply principles and techniques of computer science, engineering and analysis to solve problems of moderate scope.
· Continuously improve the testability, operational excellence (OE), and documentation of the software components owned by your team.
· Develop automation and tooling, drive testability and diagnostic ability into the product.
· Build test software that exposes API defects in production level code.
· Participate in the interview process and mentor other engineers.
· Additional Duties as assigned.
· Experience with Computer Science fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, and problem solving.
· Problem solving skills and willingness to accept new challenges, take ownership and be adaptable.
· Experience in designing and building test tools.
· Experience building and delivering software systems to internal or external customers.
· Verbal and written communication skills.
· Experience communicating with users, technical teams, and management to collect requirements and describe technical designs.
· Knowledge of professional software development life cycle best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing, and operations.
· Capable of using technology to solve straightforward problems. Can take a defined design, turn it into high quality code, and deliver it on schedule. Proficient in a broad range of data structures and algorithms, knowing when it is (and isn’t) appropriate to use them.
· Capacity to work effectively with customers and/or internal partners to invent, refine and develop your solutions to ensure they meet or exceed customer needs and team goals.
· Experience with but not limited to JUnit/TestNG, JBehave (or other BDD framework), Selenium, mock objects.
· Passionate about technology.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Senior Full Stack Developer Newark, New Jersey Technology
- Software Development Engineer II - ML/BigData Newark, New Jersey Technology
- Senior Full Stack Development Engineer - International Expansion Newark, New Jersey Technology
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
Fully stocked kitchen with all the snacks and drinks to get your creative thoughts flowing.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
From tickets to local events and exciting company-sponsored events, regular outings and team-building events foster our spirit of collaboration.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Discounted sports clubs or fitness reimbursements.
What keeps me motivated here in one word is 'opportunities.' Being able to deep-dive into complex cross-domain problems and stepping out of my comfort zone with projects, technologies and people. I can spontaneously collaborate with literally anyone—from my Audible teammates to my Amazon counterparts to our CIO and CEO—and most importantly get valuable feedback along the way.
Software Development Engineer