Software Development Engineer II
Newark, New Jersey
Job ID: 953795
HOW DOES AMAZON FIT IN?
We're a part of Amazon: they are our parent company and it's a great partnership. You'll get to play with Amazon's technologies, but it doesn't stop there. Audible is built on a strong foundation of Amazon technology and you'll have insight into the inner workings of the world's leading ecommerce experience. There's a LOT to learn! Your career will benefit from working with teams like Alexa, Search, Kindle, A9, P13N and many more.
If you are excited to own and solve problems, work with a creative dynamic team, fail fast in a supportive environment while growing your career and delivering high quality features to millions of customers worldwide, we want to hear from you.
· Programmatically test the product.
· Measure test coverage.
· Develop the best automation and tooling, drive testability and diagnostic ability into the product, while promoting best practices in quality areas.
· Define standards and frameworks to ensure most efficient processes and highest level of quality, as well as design tools for unit, functional, performance and security testing in a programmatic manner.
· Build test software that exposes API defects in production level code as well as defects at the component and feature integration prospective.
· Develop test metrics.
Basic Qualifications· Bachelors Degree (or higher) in Computer Science or related field.
· 5+ years of experience as a QA Engineer, Software Developer or an SDET.
· Experience in designing and building test tools and systems.
Preferred Qualifications· Expert level with Java/C++ or other OO languages.
· Expert Knowledge of QA Methodologies and software life cycle.
· Strong analytical, troubleshooting/problem solving skills.
· Excellent object oriented analysis and design skills (OOA/OOD).
· Experience in test automation for mobile applications and devices.
· Experience with test and behavior driven development.
· Good understanding of Continuous Integration and Deployment processes.
· Experience with but not limited to JUnit/TestNG, JBehave (or other BDD framework), Selenium, mock objects.
· Solid grounding in computer science fundamentals; Algorithms and Data Structures.
· Proficient in building web applications.
· Be able to thrive in an ambiguous environment - where change is the only constant.
· Be a team player with high energy.
· Strong verbal and communication skills.
· Strong analytical skills and an out of the box thinker.
· Results oriented and with a strong customer focus.
· Understanding of application architecture and technology infrastructure.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.